Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

View Poll Results: Does Retina Screen Make Your Eyesight Blurry?
Yes, Makes My Eyesight Blurry and Watery 0 0%
No, Using the device has no ill effects on my eyes 13 100.00%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:53 AM   #1
touchipods
macrumors regular

Touch Retina Display Make Eyesight Blurry?

My touch 4g has a yellow tint (although I've read most iOS devices after iPhone 4 tend to have yellow tint). Using touch 4G, my eyes become blurry trying to look far away and watery after using for 30 minutes such as listening to music, watching vids, browsing.

I have a touch 1g (blue tint) to compare and my eyes are fine during and after use. Now the retina is obviously sharp (don't have to zoom in as much) but perhaps it is too much for my eyes?

I do have a screen protector on that might have to do with it. No protector on my touch 1g. Because I can see in the reflection these lines going down the screen. I didn't put the protector on very well. The problem is I also have a cover and it was very hard to put on-don't know if I can take it off again since it is very tight. Perhaps this is the reason?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:01 AM   #2
charlieegan3
macrumors 68020

I'd see your optician before jumping to conclusions...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:11 AM   #3
touchipods
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieegan3 View Post
I'd see your optician before jumping to conclusions...
I have other devices: pc monitor/tv screen and they all are fine on my eyes. However none of those devices are retina or hd. Besides my touch 4g.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:21 AM   #4
touchipods
macrumors regular

I think it's the yellow tint messing up my eyes: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1058035

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbSoluTc View Post
Yes, correctly CALIBRATED screens will have a WARMER color temperature. Not YELLOW.

Now, the iPhone was NOT intentionally designed with a "WARMER" screen to appease the masses. It's a quality control issue clearly. If it was suppose to be that way, there would NOT be so much variation or cooler colored screens. Yellow screens on the iPhone don't POP. They are yellow, washed out and lack clarity. I can attest to this. Trust me. I have seen it with my own two eyes.

Believe what you want. If you think a yellow, washed out screen is for you - go for it. I will NOT accept it, ever.
This is what I mean- although I'm talking about the touch. After using it for a bit the touch 4g starts to become blurry and lack clarity. My touch 1g never has this problem.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:23 AM   #5
charlieegan3
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchipods View Post
I have other devices: pc monitor/tv screen and they all are fine on my eyes. However none of those devices are retina or hd. Besides my touch 4g.
Fair enough I guess.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:57 AM   #6
burgundyyears
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchipods View Post
I think it's the yellow tint messing up my eyes: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1058035

This is what I mean- although I'm talking about the touch. After using it for a bit the touch 4g starts to become blurry and lack clarity. My touch 1g never has this problem.
I really think you need to see an ophthalmologist or optometrist if this persists. Sounds like some sort of eye strain. Have you ever had your eyesight professionally evaluated? If not, or you haven't for a long time, you may need some sort of corrective lenses or corrective lenses update.
burgundyyears is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:20 PM   #7
twigman08
macrumors 6502

Anytime you start noticing your vision getting blurry I would go see a professional about this. It could be the device but your vision is still very important. I would still go see a professional about it. They may know of something or see something that could be causing this.
twigman08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:06 PM   #8
apfeljonas
macrumors regular

For me it's the opposite, any non-sharp screen such as my iPad 1st Gen can get me blurry eyesight after around an hour of use.
iPad 1, 32 GB iPod touch 4G, 32 GB Some older stuff...
apfeljonas is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch