Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:05 PM   #51
Mr. Gates
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve J0bs View Post
Someone doesn't like change...
Change for the sake of change is stupid and a waste of time.

Adding features would be change for the better.

Taking away features is totally stupid.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:08 PM   #52
petsounds
macrumors 65816

Go To Current Song now works in Playlists mode.

However, auto-jump (where the highlighted song updates as the currently playing song changes) only works in Playlists mode for List view. An improvement from 11.0.0, where it wouldn't jump at all. But for Grid and Artist List views, auto-jump still does not work. This is a shame because I really have come to like Grid view for my standard interface, but it's useless in Playlists mode if it doesn't update.

It seems like the mini-mode is less glitchy. The popup menus there were would flicker and such before; that seems to be fixed. I also haven't had the mini-mode rollover buttons get stuck in the 'on' position yet either.

So overall, they cleared out a lot of UI bugs, but left some annoying functionality bugs to hopefully get fixed in a future release.
petsounds is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:09 PM   #53
WestonHarvey1
macrumors 68000

You still can't sort the iTunes Store search results. Sigh.
WestonHarvey1 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:11 PM   #54
trekkie604
macrumors 65816

Next put back:
- album art in the bottom left corner of the sidebar
- album art in list view
- multiple windows so that I can actually choose where in a playlist to add a song!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:14 PM   #55
Badagri
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwyattjr View Post
I cannot get over how much I love the new iTunes logo.
Yes. Couldn't agree more and it wasn't officially made by Apple. They hired a teenager to do it. Who never stops bragging on Twitter and Dribble.
Badagri is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:15 PM   #56
pedrotaquelim
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwyattjr View Post
I cannot get over how much I love the new iTunes logo.
I really don't like the new iTunes logo. The other one was fine. No need to change. This one is more infantile.
pedrotaquelim is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:18 PM   #57
Hesays
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve J0bs View Post
I think i encountered a good bug after updating to version 11. My iTunes Match supposedly ran out a year after it started, yet, it has not stopped working on any of my devices. Whenever i add a song to my iTunes, it still gets uploaded to the cloud and i can play it on my phone or Apple tv.

Might just be me or i could be wrong.

----

Just checked my iTunes account and it does say that my iTunes match is expired. Not even going to complain since it still works!

CHEERS!
same here!
Hesays is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:19 PM   #58
Yumbo
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesays View Post
same here!
Don't switch off match or log out.
Yumbo is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:21 PM   #59
Plutonius
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by jephrey View Post
11.0.2 will revive the ability to view in coverflow... Please? I really like the newer look but I miss coverflow with list view below.
They don't plan on bringing coverflow back.
Plutonius is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:24 PM   #60
mic j
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
Now mini player updates song and artist when listening to radio. perhaps the bug was/is there for local music.

if you didn't know the bug, when in mini view, it would not update to the current song and artist.
Yes it does. And it scrolls too. Unfortunately, it only scrolls twice through the artist/song title and then it stops, cutting off any titles that are too long to display.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:25 PM   #61
Boomish69
macrumors regular

Who gives a toss about bugs, iTunes 11 is at best a crap update, I mean year on year the multimedia concept grows with the average person not just collecting MP3's but movies, apps , podcasts as well as music, yet it's like navigating a stone henge archaic program!! bugger me how bloody blind minded must you be to realise people have movie collections, app collections & music collections, its the most unintuitive worst GUI designed apps ever!
Apple are about revolution and evolution not just plain minimal changes!
Boomish69 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:32 PM   #62
Mike MA
macrumors 6502a

That was quite fast - will check if Airplay is more reliable now.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:33 PM   #63
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
Is searching broken?

I can find the song Africa by Toto but if I search for toto I get nothing.
Searching _is_ broken. Even if it finds "Africa" and "Toto", it won't find "Toto Africa" (if you want to filter out other "Africa"s). Please go to the feedback page and report any problems you find.
gnasher729 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:36 PM   #64
Tech198
macrumors 601

Am i missing something ? did Apple actually say what been "improved" since version 11 ? Seems like we already know about the "Up Next" new redesigned already"

Update: nevermind... its right down after all of this.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:38 PM   #65
aperture01
macrumors member

Wow Search is MUCH BETTER!

I have a huge library and the new searching was unbearable in this new version. I know I could turn off the "Search Entire Library" but that ruined the intuitiveness of it.

It still stutters a bit but I can handle that over completely beach-balling me. I wish it would optimize the database in the background. Maybe an option to tell it to load more of the DB in memory.

That thing should be fast. Granted I have 105,535 tracks about 674GB.
aperture01 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:50 PM   #66
Doctor Q
Administrator

When I see phrases like "makes iTunes more responsive" I always wonder if it means "optimized to improve performance" or "fixed grievous error causing program to hang".
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:52 PM   #67
CodexMonkey
macrumors member

Since updating to the new iTunes and new AppleTV software, the only issue I'm having is that on the AppleTV the music from iTunes Match refuses to display the album covers. It displays the covers for the exact same albums under 'computers' but not under iTunes Match. I even tried deleting some albums from the cloud, deleting the album cover in iTunes, getting iTunes to source the cover again for me and then re-uploading it to iTunes Match and they're still all blank on the ATV.

It used to display the covers before the update, very quickly, and it's not a loading issue as I've left it on for hours and still not one of them gets loaded or appears. I've also done a speed test on the router it's hard-wired into and, on 100Mb/s broadband it's currently registering a quite staggering 103Mb/s for DLs.

Anyone else having this issue..?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:01 PM   #68
OS-SEX
macrumors member

"Unable to connect to iTunes in the Cloud. A communication error has occurred. iTunes will try to connect again soon."

Anyone else but me enjoying this lovely new "feature?"
OS-SEX is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:03 PM   #69
oplix
macrumors 65816

Apple needs to "update" back to 10.7
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:08 PM   #70
grandall
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS-SEX View Post
"Unable to connect to iTunes in the Cloud. A communication error has occurred. iTunes will try to connect again soon."

Yes, it's exciting! I especially like how the message pops back up every couple of minutes.

I don't know if it's the new version of iTunes causing the problem or if there's actually a problem somewhere in the Cloud, but I'm getting it and it's irritating.
grandall is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:14 PM   #71
MacFoodPoisoner
Banned

they needed an extra couple of months or so "to get it right", and they had to go to 11.0.1 to speed up searching?

I am not buying it one single bit.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandall View Post
Yes, it's exciting! I especially like how the message pops back up every couple of minutes.

I don't know if it's the new version of iTunes causing the problem or if there's actually a problem somewhere in the Cloud, but I'm getting it and it's irritating.
same here, I 've got that about 4 times in the last couple of hours that I am on my mac....
MacFoodPoisoner is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:18 PM   #72
iBungie
macrumors member

I am getting the same message and it keep popping up every few minutes. Nevr had this before the upgrade to 11.0.1

Quote:

iBungie is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:18 PM   #73
Tech198
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFoodPoisoner View Post
they needed an extra couple of months or so "to get it right", and they had to go to 11.0.1 to speed up searching?

I am not buying it one single bit.
Wasn't Apple originally delaying iTunes 11 till December ? Maybe they should have, and used that time to "fix" searches and add these to version 11, then there wouldn't NEED to be a 11.0.1 soo quickly.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:19 PM   #74
TsMkLg068426
macrumors 6502a

Grrr they broke iTunes again, can slide back to previous page in iTunes store with my mouse.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:20 PM   #75
RCC1028
macrumors newbie

Quote:

Yep I am.
RCC1028 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion