Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:21 PM   #76
Robert.Walter
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gates View Post
Read everyone's gripes below.

I'll stick to 10.7 thank you very much.

No reason to update just because Apple tells you to.

They sometimes totally break a feature.

Look at maps

I know how you feel. I'm not going to buy a new car until they bring back the crank on the front for starting the contraption. Damn that Boss Kettering and his newfangled electric starter!!
Robert.Walter is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:22 PM   #77
TsMkLg068426
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS-SEX View Post
"Unable to connect to iTunes in the Cloud. A communication error has occurred. iTunes will try to connect again soon."

Anyone else but me enjoying this lovely new "feature?"

Yep same here and still getting weird iTunes store issues especially with mouse sliding back to previous page. Seems like they created more glitches rather than fixing the problem.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:25 PM   #78
tech4all
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
Is searching broken?

I can find the song Africa by Toto but if I search for toto I get nothing.
Ahh Vice City Emotion!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:32 PM   #79
jamesnajera
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Taken View Post
Does this fix adding movies and them not showing in the library?
I think I know what you are talking about. I saw this same issue, it turned out the movies were being added with the "home video" attribute. Switch it to "Movie" and you will see it. To switch the attribute, I had to switch the itunes view to list to see the movie in iTunes. Once I saw the movie I opened its properties found the tab with "Home Video" in a drop down menu.
jamesnajera is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:46 PM   #80
MacFoodPoisoner
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech198 View Post
Wasn't Apple originally delaying iTunes 11 till December ? Maybe they should have, and used that time to "fix" searches and add these to version 11, then there wouldn't NEED to be a 11.0.1 soo quickly.
Their software development has become a big embarrassment.

As much as I don't particularly like ms nor google they are both currently running circles around them.

Even more embarrassing is the fact that while google and ms have to support a gazillion of configurations in tablets and pcs respectively, apple only has a few configurations of idevices and macs to support as they continue to aggressively force obsolete most of them.
MacFoodPoisoner is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:49 PM   #81
CodexMonkey
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
I can find the song Africa by Toto but if I search for toto I get nothing.
That's bound to happen. As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serrrrrr...engeti!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:54 PM   #82
faizoff
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
I can't help wondering.. how is coverflow convenient for you?

I found it completely and entirely useless. It is far faster to simply type in an artist name or song name to find what I'm looking for than to flip through a book on screen.

Your collection must either be very small, or you must have an unusual way of filing your music mentally that makes coverflow an easy way to find it...
I don't know I can't really explain the way I browse through music on itunes. I'm sure there are more easier, faster, better and more organized ways of doing it. Since I use itunes only for synching with my iphone, I look through the covers to make sure the music I want on my phone is there in the library. And sometimes just flipping through the covers reminds me what I want to listen on the phone elsewhere.

Last edited by faizoff; Dec 13, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
faizoff is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:56 PM   #83
9suffix
macrumors newbie

Mixed Album Genre Bug?

I guess I'm the only one who uses Genre? . I reported this to Apple hoping it would be fixed, but it's still wonky.

For Albums with tracks of different Genres, when you select the Genre represented by Track 1 the Ablum is sorted correctly. When you select one of the other Genres from that Ablum iTunes sorts the Album out of order either at the beginning or end of that Genre's listing.

JP
9suffix is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:59 PM   #84
IzzyJG99
macrumors 6502

Interesting. I decided on a whim to try something. I upgraded to 10.7 iTunes from 10.6.3. and then upgraded 10.7 to 11.0.1. No asking for permission for incoming connections.

So, me thinks that you need 10.7 pre-installed and setup to avoid that bug if you opt to go to iTunes 11.0.1.

Or maybe they fixed the bug in .0.1.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:01 PM   #85
kuwxman
macrumors 6502

Still can't double click to minimize... That is my biggest annoyance with iTunes 11.
kuwxman is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:04 PM   #86
Killa Aaron
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwxman View Post
Still can't double click to minimize... That is my biggest annoyance with iTunes 11.
Same here.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:08 PM   #87
MacFoodPoisoner
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwxman View Post
what the... just noticed it too... what's up with that?
MacFoodPoisoner is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:20 PM   #88
zorinlynx
macrumors 68020

That was weird.

I tried to sync my iPhone tonight with the new version of iTunes. The sync failed, and my phone only had 6 songs on it. (It had over 5000 before).

I tried to sync again, still 6 songs. I had to uncheck "Sync music", sync to remove everything, then re-check it and sync all 5000 of my songs back to the phone.

Anyone have this happen before? Wondering if it's a new bug. It's annoying as hell because syncing my entire song library takes a long time and it would suck for this to occur right before I have to go!
zorinlynx is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:22 PM   #89
Asclepio
macrumors 6502

craig federighi
Asclepio is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:23 PM   #90
SlyBriFry
macrumors newbie

My list of grievances with iTunes 11 are too numerous to list here. Bottom line: it feels like a clunky HTML5 app now, I hate it, and I did something about it.

Here are SIMPLE instructions on how to downgrade to 10.7:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...t=105&tstart=0
SlyBriFry is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:32 PM   #91
IzzyJG99
macrumors 6502

Quote:
That was weird.

I tried to sync my iPhone tonight with the new version of iTunes. The sync failed, and my phone only had 6 songs on it. (It had over 5000 before).

I tried to sync again, still 6 songs. I had to uncheck "Sync music", sync to remove everything, then re-check it and sync all 5000 of my songs back to the phone.

Anyone have this happen before? Wondering if it's a new bug. It's annoying as hell because syncing my entire song library takes a long time and it would suck for this to occur right before I have to go!
That's a bug that's been around for a while. From time to time I have to uncheck sync wirelessly and then plug my device in and recheck sync wirelessly for it to show up in iTunes. I think certain preferences get lost in iTunes a lot.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:37 PM   #92
amps211
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loge View Post
Well they have fixed two bugs I noticed.

When using column browser, selections were not preserved when switching between Music and other libraries.

Songs can be added to playlists more than once.
The column browser bug is super annoying. I'd be happy if they just fix that.
amps211 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:38 PM   #93
somethingelsefl
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
I'd really love Apple to introduce iTunes to the Mac Notification Centre in OS X 10.8.x

Using Notification Centre to pop-up "notifications" for upcoming tracks, and to allow a user to manage functionality of the iTunes player from there, seems so logical I'm struggling to understand why they didn't do it.
I definitely agree. For years I had been using Growl notifications for iTunes and Spotify. It would be so convenient to see Notification Center integration, especially since Growl is becoming even more obsolete (even with Hiss).

Next stop: Apple feedback page: http://www.apple.com/feedback/
somethingelsefl is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:40 PM   #94
shanmugam
macrumors 68020

10.8.3 and HDMI issues

I am waiting for 10.8.3 for the Mac Mini - HDMI issues.

do not care about iTunes ... very frustrating.
shanmugam is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:44 PM   #95
davydavy
macrumors member

Quote:
I can't help wondering.. how is coverflow convenient for you?

I found it completely and entirely useless. It is far faster to simply type in an artist name or song name to find what I'm looking for than to flip through a book on screen.

Your collection must either be very small, or you must have an unusual way of filing your music mentally that makes coverflow an easy way to find it...
I can maybe explain that because I use coverflow every day. Coverflow is used in what is now Songs view as an effcient way to catalog my music with the right artwork. I can see at a glance that it is right for all selected songs and it is nicer to look at than just a screen of text. When it comes to navigation, I agree with you that it is easiest to type the artist name rather than swipe through album covers. For me that is not important because I don't use iTunes for playback (I beam it over to a SqueezeBox instead). I have many records and CDs and to me the artwork is part of the album.
davydavy is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:51 PM   #96
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFoodPoisoner View Post
Their software development has become a big embarrassment.

As much as I don't particularly like ms nor google they are both currently running circles around them.

Even more embarrassing is the fact that while google and ms have to support a gazillion of configurations in tablets and pcs respectively, apple only has a few configurations of idevices and macs to support as they continue to aggressively force obsolete most of them.
If only more of the sheep realized the Apple agenda in the highlighted text...

Is "force obsolete" a chord on the Apple keyboard? Or is just something that Cupertino presses when they need higher hardware sales this quarter?

Last edited by AidenShaw; Dec 13, 2012 at 09:25 PM.
AidenShaw is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:02 PM   #97
Thana6tos
macrumors newbie

....... and STILL no Cover Flow. Really? Who cares. Keeping iTunes 10.
Thana6tos is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:04 PM   #98
hauntvictim
macrumors member

Dud they fix the iTunes Match "hanging" issue?
Turned off and discontinued iTunes Match do to this.
hauntvictim is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:05 PM   #99
koban4max
macrumors 65816

dude, I wish we can customize the color of the itunes icon....HELL YAH

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post
I am waiting for 10.8.3 for the Mac Mini - HDMI issues.

do not care about iTunes ... very frustrating.
Did you leave plenty of FEEDBACKS?
koban4max is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:10 PM   #100
coolspot18
macrumors 6502a

iTunes/iPhoto/etc should all have NAS support. I really want to store my library on a remote drive instead of on my computer.
coolspot18 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion