Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

newituneslogo.jpg
Apple has updated iTunes to version 11.0.1, fixing a number of bugs. The update is available in the Mac App Store or via Apple's support website.
This update to the new iTunes addresses an issue where new purchases in iCloud may not appear in your library if iTunes Match is turned on, makes iTunes more responsive when searching a large library, fixes a problem where the AirPlay button may not appear as expected, and adds the ability to display duplicate items within your library.
iTunes 11 was originally released on November 29, and these bug fixes had been promised in Walt Mossberg's review of iTunes 11 in early December.

iTunes 11 brought a number of enhancements to the media player including a redesigned store, simplified player, and new iCloud features.

Article Link: Apple Updates iTunes to Version 11.0.1 to Fix iTunes Match, AirPlay Bugs, Speed Up Searching

Aug 26, 2008
This is good, I've had the match bug and it is awful. Glad to see it was fixed pretty quickly. I am wondering how it got there in the first place?

jephrey

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2005
11.0.2 will revive the ability to view in coverflow... Please? I really like the newer look but I miss coverflow with list view below.

edenwaith

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2001
Ah, very nice. Hope this resolves an issue where I purchased a song through iTunes, but it did not download to my Mac (but it did sync up properly with my phone).

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
I experienced the "new purchases not showing up" bug, or at least I assume I did--but these were purchases made in that exact instance of iTunes, not on another device, and I shouldn't have iTunes Match enabled because my I didn't renew my subscription, though I do have generic iCloud, which confused me at first.

In any case, hopefully faster searching works out better.

faizoff

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Shame Cover flow was removed as I really liked that feature. For me it was the most convenient way to browse through my music.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Looks like no fix for the ballsup with iTunes 11 not being able to restore the ATV.

DJJAZZYJET

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
iTunes feels snappier, and no im not joking. The album artwork loaded much quicker with this new update.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
Scrolling bug with USB Logitech mouse is still there. Scrolling is very slow on the mouse compared to trackpad.

Edit: Checked, scroll speed was set pretty low in preferences. Cranked it up, it's more manageable now.

chriscl

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
I'd really love Apple to introduce iTunes to the Mac Notification Centre in OS X 10.8.x

Using Notification Centre to pop-up "notifications" for upcoming tracks, and to allow a user to manage functionality of the iTunes player from there, seems so logical I'm struggling to understand why they didn't do it.

Yes, I know there is Mini Player, but it doesn't do much, other than sit there, on top of other windows. All I want is a simple notification, and interaction with iTunes' new "Up Next" functions.

(I know there are third-party apps that can do this sort of thing, but surely it should be part of iTunes!)

Steve J0bs

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
I think i encountered a good bug after updating to version 11. My iTunes Match supposedly ran out a year after it started, yet, it has not stopped working on any of my devices. Whenever i add a song to my iTunes, it still gets uploaded to the cloud and i can play it on my phone or Apple tv.

Might just be me or i could be wrong.

----

Just checked my iTunes account and it does say that my iTunes match is expired. Not even going to complain since it still works!

CHEERS!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.