Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:06 AM   #1
unregbaron
macrumors regular

MBP v. MBA + Adobe creative suite

As well as the web I use mostly Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop daily (not super pro user with photo filters etc but light-moderate mostly vector work) and in the coming months I will often be away from my desktop machine which is a late 2006 iMac (MA456LL). My existing portable is a white macbook from 2007 but it barely functions now with a broken screen. The weight of this macbook got to be really annoying.

I would likely be carrying the new machine around with me everyday so the 11" is really appealing but I'm also aware that for a couple £hundred more I'd get a better screen and more battery life.

A. I like the 11" macbook air but wary of the screen size and battery life - are these two real problems?

B. I like the 13" macbook air but would I always be wondering if it was a mistake not to have the power of the MBP?

C. I love the idea of 13" macbook pro but the weight and cost are negatives.

The new machine has to last a few years - at a pinch I could wait until the Summer but that would cause problems.

Thanks
unregbaron is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:13 AM   #2
m00min
macrumors 6502

I use CS6 for web design on an MBA 11 inch, it runs fine. I do plug it into an external monitor though. If you're never gonna do that I'd maybe think about the 13 inch.

Personally I would stay clear of the MBP 13 unless you simply HAVE to have that screen.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:21 AM   #3
unregbaron
macrumors regular

Thanks - good to know as I use CS6. Whichever size I'd have an external display so looks like 11"..

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00min View Post
I use CS6 for web design on an MBA 11 inch, it runs fine. I do plug it into an external monitor though. If you're never gonna do that I'd maybe think about the 13 inch.

Personally I would stay clear of the MBP 13 unless you simply HAVE to have that screen.
unregbaron is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice