Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
Hey, so first my iPhone 4 one day decided to lose cellular connectivity and would sit at 'searching' 24/7/ Multiple sim cards from different carriers were tested, to no success and the usual wipe and restore. $280NZD later, my iPhone arrived apparently being repaired.

However, two weeks later, or today, my 'repaired' iPhone has lost signal once again.

So as the title says, does a repaired iPhone have a warranty?

The original purchase warranty has since expired, hence the $280 repair cost.

Also I noted that my serial number from my old iPhone and the repaired one are both the same. Is that meant to be right?

I will be ringing Apple first thing in the morning as well. But thought I would ask. I have lost a bit of confidence in Apple's support when I was dealing with my first repair.

Thanks.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Provided the repair was carried out by Apple or one of their Authorised Service Providers, all work is covered by a 90 day Limited Warranty.

Bobby.e

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
Kansas
Provided the repair was carried out by Apple or one of their Authorised Service Providers, all work is covered by a 90 day Limited Warranty.

John is correct. It is 90 days or the remainder of your original warranty whichever is longer.

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
Just an update for anyone who's interested. Apple are replacing the phone free of charge. This time, instead of me sending the phone away first, they're sending a replacement first and then I'm to send my phone away. Very happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.