Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
My iPad mini arrived at the local FedEx destination facility at 7:35AM. The delivery says it will come by Monday at 10:30AM, but with in the area, is there a chance it will be delivered today?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Could be. Seems odd that there is a delivery date of Monday considering it is in your town. I guess it could come Monday if you're truly rural or something like that. Regardless, it will come when it comes I guess.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
Could be. Seems odd that there is a delivery date of Monday considering it is in your town. I guess it could come Monday if you're truly rural or something like that. Regardless, it will come when it comes I guess.

The Monday delivery has been the same since it shipped, it might just not have been updated. The real deciding factor is if it gets put on a truck this morning, the fedex facility is around 11 miles from my house.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Possibly but doubtful. It arrived this morning and needs to be processed and then sent onto the truck for delivery. Chances are the delivery trucks are already out. The small chance it may occur is that the package is ready for delivery when the trucks come back for the afternoon deliveries.

wytwolf

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2012
Lucky you, I had a similar situation happen to me. My ipad mini was in my city Dec 5 and scheduled for delivery Dec 6. I called fedex to see if i could go pick it up as it didn't show out for delivery. The rep stated they will send the request to the local facility. Well no call back confirming it was being held as the rep stated would happen. I left work early on the 6th and no delivery was made. I called fedex 2 different times that day. The first rep stated that with apple's policy it stated a delivery attempt as to be made before a parcel can be held. So i waited until after the delivery deadline for that day. I called the second rep as the status was updated to "held" but no delivery. The second rep stated that apple's policy changed on the 5th to allow parcels to be held during the christmas season. I called apple as the hold wasn't placed until an hr after the local facility closed and i paid for expedited shipping and the deadline expired. Apple refund me the shipping fee but that screwed everything up. Apple stated there was no such change to their policy for christmas. I wasn't able to get time off, so FEDEX will have to return the ipad mini. Stupid office hours for the local facility is 8:30am-5pm..... the same hours as 95% of the workforce here. I was not able to get extra time off work, but luckily i found one this past weekend at a local brick and mortar store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.