Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
I read somewhere that you can upload your music somewhere and stream it anywhere to your computer or Android using Google services.

1. Anyone using it? How well does it work?
2. Where do you upload your files to?

Thanks.

kiltedthrower

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
Google music. YOu choose where you want it to upload from. I have it set to upload from the my music file on my laptop. Any new songs I download, I just save to that file and it is automatically uploaded and I can stream it anywhere that I can sync my google account or any device that can log into my google account. I think it works great.

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Works perfectly! play.google.com

Syncs with my iTunes...album covers, playlists, play counts (AWESOME) and all. :D

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Google music works great! I forgot I even had it loaded after I installed the mac part when it first came out. But it didn't forget about me... it had quietly uploaded all my iTunes music, and playlists.

So when I got my Nexus 4 I was pleasantly surprised to see all of my music, ready to play whenever I wanted. Sweet.

I was an iTunes Match user since it first entered beta last year. But I just let my subscription lapse as I won't be using it anymore.

Michael

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Google Music + unlimited data is one of the biggest wins for me.

All I need is an official Google Music app for iOS and i'll be in heaven (gMusic does the trick for now though).

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
How much storage do you get?

What app do you use on Android to access the music?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.