Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors

Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:10 AM   #1
MacPig
macrumors newbie

Realistically, how valuable are Pre-Steve Jobs PowerMacs ever going to get?

Hi all,
So part of my Retro Computer collection is an '97 PowerMac G3 Desktop, complete with Original Keyboard and Mouse, User Manual, Warranty Statement (and various other paperwork) and 15" Apple CRT Monitor - All in mint condition. I have asked before, but I have no idea whether or not it is worth hanging onto this thing much longer. It's an odd looking brute for starters and it is from the time frame when Steve Jobs wasn't at Apple so... I dunno. I see them go on eBay in the USA for $180 dollars for just the machine, but in the UK the collectors' market is very different. So what should I do? Is it worth holding onto this thing, should I sell it (if so, how much for), or should I just toss it on a skip tomorrow morning?
Cheers,
Pig
MacPig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:24 AM   #2
DJLC
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to DJLC Send a message via MSN to DJLC Send a message via Yahoo to DJLC Send a message via Skype™ to DJLC
For me, the desktop model isn't really worth much... I always preferred the beige G3 minitower form-factor. I'd venture a guess that the AIO model might be worth something to an iMac / AIO aficionado. It'd be interesting to see it in a line next to the other AIO Macs. I still kick myself for selling mine.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors