Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:22 AM   #1
Bathplug
macrumors 6502a

how do I stop my iphone copying purchases to itunes?

I just want to backup my device or sync songs but it keeps copying apps back to itunes. I unchecked the box automatically sync new apps. I believe it used to do it on the old itunes but I'm sure I managed to stop it but since updating to the new itunes it keeps wanting to copy purchases over. Sometimes there's a warning about the purchases will be removed from my device if I don't copy them.
Bathplug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:24 AM   #2
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathplug View Post
I just want to backup my device or sync songs but it keeps copying apps back to itunes. I unchecked the box automatically sync new apps. I believe it used to do it on the old itunes but I'm sure I managed to stop it but since updating to the new itunes it keeps wanting to copy purchases over. Sometimes there's a warning about the purchases will be removed from my device if I don't copy them.
I believe the setting is actually in iTunes itself, look for "transfer purchases." (I haven't really kicked the wheels on 11 yet so I'm not sure where they have this option).
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:36 AM   #3
Bathplug
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstella5555 View Post
I believe the setting is actually in iTunes itself, look for "transfer purchases." (I haven't really kicked the wheels on 11 yet so I'm not sure where they have this option).
I've had a look around itunes but not seeing an option for this.
Bathplug is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone