Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:00 PM   #1
rrandyy
macrumors 6502

Alarm clock with HD radio and AirPlay?

Are there any alarm clocks out there that support HD radio and airplay? If not, how about alarm clocks with airplay?

Any personal experience with a product is especially appreciated.

The alarm clock doesn't even have to have the ability to dock a phone. I have an iPhone5, but would even consider settling for an alarm clock that has the old 30-pin connector or no connector at all.

I do not want to use my phone as the alarm, so I'm not looking for an "alarm app."
rrandyy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:17 PM   #2
JAT
macrumors 603

http://digital-radio-review.toptenreviews.com/
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:29 PM   #3
rrandyy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAT View Post
Thank you, but I did not find that helpful. If I understand correctly, none of these have airplay. Am I correct or did I misread the content?

I have done a fair amount of searching for reviews on the web, without any success.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:57 PM   #4
JAT
macrumors 603

Hmm, well I do know of one product that has both HD radio and Airplay built in. But it doesn't have an alarm clock, or speakers. And it retails for $1700.

You don't want to plug the phone in while you sleep? I think that's why no company seems to have bothered, they think people will plug in their phone and get music from wired.

Or, you could get one with an input and use an Airport Express.

Some claim the Panasonic SC-HC57 has an alarm. Only appears to have DAB radio, not HD. (DAB is Europe's HD)
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:35 PM   #5
rrandyy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAT View Post
You don't want to plug the phone in while you sleep? I think that's why no company seems to have bothered, they think people will plug in their phone and get music from wired.

Or, you could get one with an input and use an Airport Express.
I like to have my alarm across the room from me, but I like to select music from my bed. This is why I need airplay and why I don't care about docking it.

I currently have an alarm clock + airport express setup. However, the audio drops in and out occasionally, which is annoying. My audio system with airplay built-in in the living room does not experience the audio problems. I am hoping to resolve the problem with built-in airplay.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone