Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unfeomateo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2003
My company has about a dozen iPhones and no one is getting the visual voicemail for up to 24 hours but the voicemails are there if you hold down 1 and listen to them that way.

Is this an ATT issue or would this be an account issue?

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
AT&T issue. There's no separate setup/setting on the Apple side for visual voicemail - AT&T either sends the visual voicemail data, or not. On the iPhone side, once you enter your voicemail password, you're done.

Did you mean to say that the visual voice mail is appearing, but that the messages are appearing up to 24 hours later than when the voicemail was recorded? Or are there no visual voicemail messages at all? Though, either way, it's an AT&T issue.

Here's AT&T's Visual Voicemail for iPhone support page.

unfeomateo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2003
AT&T issue. There's no separate setup/setting on the Apple side for visual voicemail - AT&T either sends the visual voicemail data, or not. On the iPhone side, once you enter your voicemail password, you're done.

Did you mean to say that the visual voice mail is appearing, but that the messages are appearing up to 24 hours later than when the voicemail was recorded? Or are there no visual voicemail messages at all? Though, either way, it's an AT&T issue.

Here's AT&T's Visual Voicemail for iPhone support page.

I see old VM's in the visual voice mail but new ones take a day or two to show up.

Codigi

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
I experienced the same issue beginning ca 36 hrs ago. After trying all the rebooting, changing password, etc procedures, I called AT&T and got the run around until a tech sup FINALLY told me it was their VV system that down all over the U.S., and that messages could only be checked using the manual method. Now, this is not like a service that is merely "convenient" - this problem has led to serious, even life threatening issues for many customers, simply because AT&T made the bad business decision to NOT send out mass text informing of the potential problem, and an ETA on repair - not a good Xmas gift! When I brought this up, they took no responsibility, merely said they would "pass on the suggestion".

unfeomateo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2003
I experienced the same issue beginning ca 36 hrs ago. After trying all the rebooting, changing password, etc procedures, I called AT&T and got the run around until a tech sup FINALLY told me it was their VV system that down all over the U.S., and that messages could only be checked using the manual method. Now, this is not like a service that is merely "convenient" - this problem has led to serious, even life threatening issues for many customers, simply because AT&T made the bad business decision to NOT send out mass text informing of the potential problem, and an ETA on repair - not a good Xmas gift! When I brought this up, they took no responsibility, merely said they would "pass on the suggestion".

Thanks so much

sbb155

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2005
Is this still down? We bought a iphone 5, upgraded from a 4. We cannot access or even setup voicemail on the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.