Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With the holiday shopping season in full swing, we've been highlighting several increasingly good deals on the iPhone 5, and Walmart is now launching new discounts on both the iPhone and iPad that may be of interest to some readers.

Starting today, Walmart has dropped prices on both the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S, with the 16 GB iPhone 5 now on sale for just $127 and the iPhone 4S coming in at $47.

walmart_iphone_5_127.jpg

In addition, Walmart is now selling the latest fourth-generation 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad for just $399, a $100 discount from standard pricing. And beginning on Monday, Walmart will also include a $30 iTunes gift card bonus with iPad purchases.

Despite the iPhone 5 having launched in the United States less than three months ago, retailers are offering aggressive discounts on the devices to attract holiday shoppers. RadioShack is currently offering all iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S models at $50 discounts from their regular prices, and also offering email coupons for $10 credit on future purchases for every $50 spent during the holiday shopping season. RadioShack also offers price matching through its Mobile Low Price Guarantee, suggesting that it is likely to match Walmart's discounted pricing upon request.

Update: Wal-Mart spokesperson Sarah Spencer gave MacRumors this statement regarding inventory of the products on sale. Something to keep in mind for people thinking of taking advantage of the promotions:
Walmart works closely with Apple to secure some of the strongest allocations of their products. That being said, inventory is a first come first serve basis so we recommend customers come early to secure their Apple product. We will not offer rain checks but customers should know we will be refreshing our inventory on an ongoing basis.
Update 2: Walmart has contacted MacRumors to note that it erred in stating that the iPad promotion was for the current generation. It is in fact the third-generation iPad that is on closeout sale for $399.

Article Link: Walmart Offering iPhone 5 for $127, Third-Generation iPad for $399

zoozx

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
ca
IPhone 5 at apple.com is $199 and walfart has it for $127,
as crazy eddie would say....THATS INSANE!

christianboyce

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2007
Really? Looks like only the iPad 2 is $399 at walmart.com

Can you double-check on this? I looked online and walmart.com shows $399 for the iPad 2, $499 for the Retina iPad (which is what I think the article refers to).

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Must be bought in store. Ug, hate the clientele in the area near me.
If you can't be bothered to spend 20 minutes in the store to save over 20% on a mainly priced-locked iDevice, then just don't and spare us the holier-than-thou melodrama.

----------

Can you double-check on this? I looked online and walmart.com shows $399 for the iPad 2, $499 for the Retina iPad (which is what I think the article refers to).

In store only.

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
If you can't be bothered to spend 20 minutes in the store to save over 20% on a mainly priced-locked iDevice, then just don't and spare us the holier-than-thou melodrama.

----------

In store only.

Closest walmart to me is an hour away.. but id still make the drive for that price.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Negligible

The discount offered is nothing when you take into account the total that will need to be paid over the two-years contract.

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Are there that many people who are eligible for an upgrade that have been putting it off because $199 is too much money but $127 will make them buy it? I would certainly like to save the cash, but I'm not eligible until May. Maybe this will attract new iPhone purchasers, but I can't imagine there being lots of people who are sitting on a previous iPhone and not upgrading because of the price of the phone.

BeardedOrc

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
Thats a pretty deep discounts for something so new and supposedly selling like hotcakes this holidays. Did Apple overestimated their production over demands of iGadgets?

a1016neo

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2006
If the 16gb iPad 4 is $399, will they drop the 32gb to $499 or is the deal just for the 16gb version?

mankar4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2007
USA
Has anyone called/gone in to a walmart and received verification of the ipad 4 for 399? Seems like no positive reports anywhere online.

morg0052

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2007
I just called a walmart in minneapolis,mn and they did not have this sale price, quoted me $499

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.