Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Votekinky06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
My company is sending me an iphone 4s, would I be able to walk into an ATT store and pay the difference to upgrade it to a 5 or would my company have to authorize that?

trozau

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010
Appleland, USA
Hmm... Wouldn't company issued phones belong to the company? Why upgrade at your cost when you may have to surrender it back later? Tell them you want a iP5 and see if they are willing to upgrade the order.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
My company is sending me an iphone 4s, would I be able to walk into an ATT store and pay the difference to upgrade it to a 5 or would my company have to authorize that?

You can't do that, regardless if you're the account holder or not. You need to return the device and buy the 5.

Votekinky06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Hmm... Wouldn't company issued phones belong to the company? Why upgrade at your cost when you may have to surrender it back later? Tell them you want a iP5 and see if they are willing to upgrade the order.

Yeah, tried that, they will only pay for the 4S, I don't mind paying the extra money, I'll be using it enough to justify it and am tired of having to carry 2 chargers around as I have a 5 for my personal phone and an iPad 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.