Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:46 PM   #1
malavpatel7
macrumors newbie

Not able to write on my external drive connect with my router

I have Mac Book Pro with most updated OS. I have Belkin Router Monitor with most updated firmware. I have external hard drive with MS DOT (FAT) format.

I would like to use my router for home network so I have attached external hard drive to my belkin router to share data with my Macbook and my Samsung TV. I noticed that I could detect my external drive in my mac book and my Samsung TV (I could open the files from my hard drive and view it in my mac book and TV). However, when I try to copy data from my mc book to my external drive (which is connect with the router) it shows me the message ĎItems canít be copied to XX (my hard drive name) because you donít have permission to read themí. I have also seen the permission request by attaching external hard drive with my Mac. It shows me that I have read and write permission.

I am looking forward for some solution so I can copy data to my external hard drive when it is attached with my router.

Please help me.
malavpatel7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:20 PM   #2
mankar4
macrumors 6502a

Does this happen with all files or just certain files? Are you then able to transfer those files if you connect the HDD directly to the mac?
mankar4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help