Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:16 PM   #26
theSeb
macrumors 603

I would suggest the Logitech Performance MX. I have two of them and love it.

I love the trackpad on my MBPs and MBA. So I bought the Magic Trackpad for my Mini. Unfortunately it's not as great as the trackpad on the portables. It's just not comfortable to use (for me) so check before splashing the cash whether it will work for you. It's ok for browsing the web, but if you need to be able to click precisely on stuff, a mouse is the much better solution. The ergonomic of the Magic Trackpad don't work for, as I said already, but you may find that you like it.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:22 PM   #27
Razorhog
macrumors 6502a

I currently use a Microsoft Sidewinder X8. I'm not particularly happy with it. Recently it has stopped charging the battery via the magnetic cable that is connected to the receiver. It's also a big mouse, and I have small hands. It's hard to reach the forward/back buttons with my thumb unless I change my hand position. Getting a Magic Trackpad with my new iMac, and will get a Razer Mamba soon after with Christmas cash
Razorhog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:14 PM   #28
mac.ross
macrumors member

http://steelseries.com/products/mice

SteelSeries make brilliant mice, definitely a lot better quality than Razer - both Mac and Windows compatible.

Better for Mac users since Logitech doesn't really have official drivers anymore for OSX.
mac.ross is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:01 PM   #29
tubbymac
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan.Tanner View Post
Since we're speaking of mice...

Can you have two wireless mice running at the same time on OSX?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boto View Post
Yes, if we're talking about Logitech mouses. I have tested my Logitech Anywhere and Performance Mouse MX on one single USB receiver and they both are operational simultaneously on OSX, but you will need Logitech's setpoint/control center software.
I can also confirm that you can have both the standard Apple iMac bluetooth mouse and a Logitech VX Nano wireless mouse working at the same time without any issues. You don't even need the setpoint software for the VX Nano if you're not interested in the side buttons - just plug the USB receiver in and the left + right click buttons work without any drivers.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:04 PM   #30
Ryan.Tanner
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boto View Post
Yes, if we're talking about Logitech mouses. I have tested my Logitech Anywhere and Performance Mouse MX on one single USB receiver and they both are operational simultaneously on OSX, but you will need Logitech's setpoint/control center software.
I was thinking moreso what the gentleman below is suggesting, but I really appreciate the response. I didn't even know two mice to one receiver was possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbymac View Post
I can also confirm that you can have both the standard Apple iMac bluetooth mouse and a Logitech VX Nano wireless mouse working at the same time without any issues. You don't even need the setpoint software for the VX Nano if you're not interested in the side buttons - just plug the USB receiver in and the left + right click buttons work without any drivers.
How about two bluetooth mice connected without a usb receiver?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:18 PM   #31
jedolley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.ross View Post
http://steelseries.com/products/mice

SteelSeries make brilliant mice, definitely a lot better quality than Razer - both Mac and Windows compatible.

Better for Mac users since Logitech doesn't really have official drivers anymore for OSX.
Steelseries is good too, but the Mac compatibility is rather new. Previous only game branded mice (i.e. the Blizzard mice) had OSX compatibility/software. This is a good option for the OP, but I personally prefer wireless and the only one that Steelseries currently has is the WoW one. I would be all over a wireless Ikari if they made one.
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:26 PM   #32
tubbymac
macrumors 65816

Quote:
How about two bluetooth mice connected without a usb receiver?
I can confirm that two bluetooth input devices, namely my Apple Magic Trackpad and the Apple Magic Mouse both work at the same time with no issues.

I don't have two bluetooth mice to test though, so can't say for sure if that would work. Why would you need two bluetooth mice though? Are you thinking of something like an Apple Magic Mouse + third party bluetooth mouse for gaming?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:27 PM   #33
Ryan.Tanner
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbymac View Post
I can confirm that two bluetooth input devices, namely my Apple Magic Trackpad and the Apple Magic Mouse both work at the same time with no issues.

I don't have two bluetooth mice to test though, so can't say for sure if that would work. Why would you need two bluetooth mice though? Are you thinking of something like an Apple Magic Mouse + third party bluetooth mouse for gaming?
Exacto-mundo my friend.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:11 AM   #34
philipfreire
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to philipfreire Send a message via AIM to philipfreire Send a message via MSN to philipfreire Send a message via Yahoo to philipfreire Send a message via Skype™ to philipfreire
I got both the Logitech Performance Mouse MX and Razer Mamba, and while the logitech is more ergonomical, the Razer with its higher DPI is such a better experience.

Thumbs up for the Razer Mamba! Best mouse out there for sure!
philipfreire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:58 AM   #35
Scrapula
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Since we're speaking of mice...

Can you have two wireless mice running at the same time on OSX?
Sure, I have a magic mouse, my Razer mouse, and my magic trackpad all running at one time.
Scrapula is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:07 AM   #36
bugbear99
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedolley View Post
If I was using a wired mouse I would use a Razer DeathAdder. No need for USB Overdrive as Razer supports Macs. The only reason I sold mine was because I wanted wireless.
Which one u go for wireless?

----------

Tried to use trackpad yesterday
I guess I don't wanna use Magic Mouse anymore.
bugbear99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:09 AM   #37
jedolley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugbear99 View Post
Which one u go for wireless?

----------

Tried to use trackpad yesterday
I guess I don't wanna use Magic Mouse anymore.
I'm using a Logitech Performance MX right now. I prefer Razer and Steelseries stuff more since they support Mac gamers, but I prefer wireless mice more.

Razer has the Mamba and the Naga... The Mamba is a great mouse, but horrible battery life. The Naga is pretty good, but I don't like the phone dial pad mmo style mice. I would love to see a mid-level wireless mouse, say a wireless version of the Deathadder with decent battery life. I realize the Mamba has a similar shape to the DA, but the Mamba is advertised as "high performance" whereas the DA (not counting the new one) has always been an entry level gaming mouse.

Steelseries only has one wireless mouse right now and it's the WoW mouse. I would love to see a wireless version of the Ikari mouse.
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac