Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:11 PM   #1
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502

First Time Screen Repair and Questions

Hello All,

Verizon Wireless. iPhone 5 purchased at Apple Store.

Background: I broke my 4s's screen on cement totally shattering the front screen (no Apple Care) but I want to get it replaced - I'm willing to pay the $200 or $150 to get it replaced.

Background: I got an iPhone 5 (17 days since I bought it) with AppleCare+ and after 1+ years of a nekkid iPhone 4s with 0 scratches -- I've got a .5 cm scratch on the front screen, scratches on the back, and black paint chipping off the phone like crazy. WiFi doesn't give internet access on some routers.

Questions:
1. Is it $150 or $200 to replace the front glass on a 4s? I hear they don't actually replace the glass but just give you a refurbished phone? Do you guys/gals know? If no refurbished, how long does the screen repair take?

2. Re iPhone 5: Is there anyway to return this or get it exchanged? I wouldn't mind going up to 32GB but I imagine the scratches and chipping paint makes that ineligible even though I'm within the 30 days?

3. I read that you can return after 30 days - I wouldn't mind paying for the damage I've done but I'd like to get my Upgrade back. If I return the iPhone 5 (if they let me) will I get my Verizon upgrade back? (Purchased 17 days ago).

I don't think my 5 is going to last very well. Because of that I'm repairing my 4s and am planning on using it for most of my texting - going to use skype to call, etc so I don't wear out my 5...

Thanks for the information and the time,
BigMcGuire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Greencardman
macrumors 6502

see vendor information in user profile
As far as #1 goes, it will be $199 if you want to go through Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/index?pa...product=iphone
Greencardman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:30 PM   #3
Jalopybox
macrumors 6502

This sums it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	racist-dirty-harry-meme-generator-today-s-fortune-says-you-re-****-out-of-luck-c49282.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	383630  
Jalopybox is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:35 PM   #4
Apple Techs
macrumors member

Just order a new 4s screen or a cdma screen and cut it to fit repair should take a newbie like 1 hour to do follow ifixit and you are golden

don't pay $200 for a new 4s you can even have it repaired at a shop for $70-$100

or people buy em like that for about $200
Apple Techs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:37 PM   #5
dictoresno
macrumors 68020

i just got a replacement 4S screen for my brother on icracked for $74. and the replacement screen comes with tools needed for the repair, directions and video tutorials. screw paying $150-200 for a whole replacement. took me about an hour.
Apple TV 3rd Generation, Apple AirPort Express 2nd Generation
dictoresno is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone