Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cali shot doc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
Whats a good app to use to spruce up my desktop folders? I'm a little tired of the blue folders with different color titles.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Whats a good app to use to spruce up my desktop folders? I'm a little tired of the blue folders with different color titles.

You do not need an app to change you folder icons. Here is the link (http://www.veryicon.com/icons/folder/aquave-aluminum/) to the ones I use for my folders, but there are many out there to choose from and all free. PNG files work the best. Just download the icons you like to your computer. Open the icon you want to use for new folder look in Preview. Once open, hit CMD+A, then CMD+C. Now go to the folder you want to change and right click on it and hit Get Info. Once open click and highlight the folder icon in the top left corner, hit CMD+V and you will see the icon change. Just close info box and all done. Attached a shot of what my folders look like.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-14 at 4.43.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-14 at 4.43.04 PM.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 118
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.