Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Chocolatemilty
macrumors 6502

Unlocked iPhone 4 Off-Contract for Father, Waiting to Renew Contract

Hey, everyone.

So, this weekend i'm looking to get an off-contract iPhone 4 for my pops for Christmas. He isn't a gadget geek like most of us are, and my mother uses the 4 and absolutely loves it. I just unlocked her and my 4S, and with our AT&T contracts ending in March, I really want to get on a month-to-month basis to prepare for better options in the coming year with T-Mobile's refarm and LTE rollout. I know we'd be waiting a good while, so 2013 may be with AT&T anyway, but I feel like we'll be in a better position with the contracts expired. With T-Mobile's vast SoCal expansion announced yesterday (although, no Inland Empire, so I'm still unsure if it's available here just yet), it shouldn't be too long.

Has anyone else gone unlocked to get out of the grasps of their carrier and to prepare for better options in 2013/14?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone