Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:43 AM   #1
Oreon
macrumors newbie

Nightmare!!!

A month ago (over here in the UK) my girlfriend asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I asked for the 16gb iPad mini wifi, I have owned every ipad up to number 3 which I sold recently. She ordered and we waited for delivery.

The other day she checked online and it had apparently been delivered and signed for, we checked with neighbours and no one knew anything about it. We are a small gated secure property of 3 houses and the neighbours are lovely people, who we trust 100percent.

So anyway we managed to obtain proof of delivery and someone had signed for it using a different first initial with my girlfriends last name, she phoned TNT and Apple and apparently it had been delivered to (in TNT's words) a "dodgy looking man" hanging around outside the gate saying it was for his missies!

Even the TNT driver admitted the man looked like a drug addict and really dodgy! So why let him take away the parcel!

Anyway, my girlfriends getting a refund from apple (who have been great) I have ordered a 16gb mini with wifi and 4G instead from somewhere else (as thats the only model I could get my hands on) and signed up to a 4G monthly rolling contract so its not all bad as have always wanted a cellular ipad, but thought I would share the story.
Oreon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:53 AM   #2
BHP41
macrumors 6502a

Glad to hear that apple is taking car software you although I'm not surprised. Number 1 in CS hands down.
BHP41 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:46 AM   #3
trevpimp1
macrumors newbie

Wow bro really scary when that happens sometimes. I wouldn't want to lose my ipad like that haha good luck u did get a refund ha
trevpimp1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:19 AM   #4
Oreon
macrumors newbie

lol yeah, oh well $%^ happens and all that. Glad apple and TNT have been really good over it.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:07 AM   #5
WilliamG
macrumors 601

Yuck. How did the dodgy guy know your girlfriend's last name?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:58 PM   #6
Oreon
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Yuck. How did the dodgy guy know your girlfriend's last name?
Thats the bit we don't understand lol, have absolutely no idea, plus the delivery driver said the guy was behind the gate but there is no way he could have been as there is no way of getting in without a key - so he must have been in front of the gate. But we never see anyone hanging around outside!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:02 PM   #7
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreon View Post
Even the TNT driver admitted the man looked like a drug addict and really dodgy! So why let him take away the parcel!
Great resolution. As for "why" would they let him take it? You cannot, as a delivery driver, decide you won't deliver an item if the person doesn't fit your personal description of "normal." It sounds like it was delivered to some dude at a gate; that is fairly unacceptable.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:07 PM   #8
Oreon
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
Great resolution. As for "why" would they let him take it? You cannot, as a delivery driver, decide you won't deliver an item if the person doesn't fit your personal description of "normal." It sounds like it was delivered to some dude at a gate; that is fairly unacceptable.
Yeah I thought so as well, but then TNT have redeemed themselves by sorting it all so quickly. I'm not really blaming the company as a whole, just bad judgment on the drivers part I guess. Bet delivery drivers are really busy this time of year.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad