Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:34 AM   #1
globalone
macrumors newbie

Application Windows showing Preview & QuickTime's previously viewed files.

I'm now using 10.7.5. but find that when I use hot corners to show the Application Windows it also shows previously viewed images & videos in Preview & QuickTime. I'm a photographer who works with various different types of models & its not appropriate for some of my more conservative clients to see all of my images!

I read somewhere on an old post that entering these commands in Terminal will prevent this but it hasn't worked.
defaults write com.apple.Preview NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows -bool false
defaults write com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows -bool false

There doesn't seem to be an option in System Preferences to hide this either. Does anyone know if there's a way I can stop this?

Apple is trying to be a little too helpful without realising that its not good to let it all hang out in public all of the time!
globalone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store