Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Vashtbh
macrumors newbie

"Find my Mac" Question

Looking to upgrade my computer to a macbook but would like to know about "find my mac". I know it syncs when connected to wifi or any internet but does it register a serial number or anything else in the event some one stupid enough to steal it would also be smart enough to reformat and reinstall OSX?
I've used Lojack on my Dell for years and have had it recovered twice thanks to it and each time they've redone windows or cleaned out my HDD but still got it back since it's activated through BIOS, but everything I've read about Find my mac says just registers the Mac address and finds through ISP. Any information would be appreciated before I spend a crapload on a Macbook or go with another windows machine
Vashtbh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store