Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miraishak

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
i have iphone 4 running ios 6.0.1

one of my contacts changed his number, so i went into the contact, edit and replaced the old number with new one. i wanted to send him an sms, so i went into sms, and i opened a new message and started typing his name. his name came up twice, once with the old number (that i deleted and once with the new number. if i chose the old number, i have a number not a name in the "to" of the message. i went into the messages and deleted the old sms conversation i had with his old number, then i went to contacts and deleted the contact completely and created it again with the new number. then i restarted the phone. however, still when i wanna write him an sms and i want to choose his name, i c the name twice: once with the old number and once with the new number, although i made sure the old number is not int eh contacts and when i search the contacts, i only see him as one contact with the new number.

is this normal? can someone explain it?

Omnirai

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2012
Antwerp
i have iphone 4 running ios 6.0.1

one of my contacts changed his number, so i went into the contact, edit and replaced the old number with new one. i wanted to send him an sms, so i went into sms, and i opened a new message and started typing his name. his name came up twice, once with the old number

is this normal? can someone explain it?

The exact same 'problem' occured to me just a few days ago.. Was planning on making a topic for it, but didn't have the time for it.. But now I found some1 else :p

If there is anyone with a fix for this?

MyLS460

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
DFW, Texas
Same here. Called Apple - a lady answered and she wanted me to have either a service contract, or pay a fee for me to be connected to the next level tech person. I declined. Called AT&T, couldn't help me either but rather the person blamed it on Apple citing possible defects. I said if anything at all, it would be a firmware issue. However, there have been a few firmware updates since a few of my contacts were deleted. They also suspect that these might have been pulled down from iCloud which is bogus since I have not stored my contacts on iCloud. That said, iCloud is a total joke and an invasion of privacy. If you don't know what it does, don't use it, period.

Apple is frigging clueless!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.