Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vhp3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Just picked up my 3.4/8GB/1TB-Fusion/675MX 2GB at my local apple store her in Northern VA. I showed up in person and he said that he had one. He also mentioned that if the store has less than 2 in stock, it will show that they have non in stock. The reason? They don't want people driving out for nothing, or finding out that it's been sold when they get there.

Setting it up right now! I was lucky, I had the Dec 31 - Jan 7 delivery time.

rpramanik

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2008
San Francisco, USA
27?

just picked up my 3.4/8gb/1tb-fusion/675mx 2gb at my local apple store her in northern va. I showed up in person and he said that he had one. He also mentioned that if the store has less than 2 in stock, it will show that they have non in stock. The reason? They don't want people driving out for nothing, or finding out that it's been sold when they get there.

Setting it up right now! I was lucky, i had the dec 31 - jan 7 delivery time.

27?

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
Just picked up my 3.4/8GB/1TB-Fusion/675MX 2GB at my local apple store her in Northern VA. I showed up in person and he said that he had one. He also mentioned that if the store has less than 2 in stock, it will show that they have non in stock. The reason? They don't want people driving out for nothing, or finding out that it's been sold when they get there.

I didn't know the 675MX came with 2GB.

CaptMike

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2012

And you over paid

You could have purchased it cheaper from a Apple Reseller depending what extras you got with it such as Apple Care or software

vhp3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Sorry, it was the 680MX (2gb ram). I could've gone through my resller who is a friend of mine and saved about $100.00. I didn't want to wait for various reasons.

I did get 10% off apple care. It was a great deal to me, as I get to use my Imac today.

BTW: I have all the software and accessories that I need.

CaptMike

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2012
Sorry, it was the 680MX (2gb ram). I could've gone through my resller who is a friend of mine and saved about $100.00. I didn't want to wait for various reasons.

I did get 10% off apple care. It was a great deal to me, as I get to use my Imac today.

BTW: I have all the software and accessories that I need.

Hi

Sorry to hear that you overpaid for AppleCare

The retail for AppleCare is $169.00 and I paid $122.00 which I believe is about a 28% discount

Oh, did you pay sales tax?

vhp3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Hi

Sorry to hear that you overpaid for AppleCare

The retail for AppleCare is $169.00 and I paid $122.00 which I believe is about a 28% discount

Oh, did you pay sales tax?

Sorry Capt'n. $31.00 won't break my bank. Neither will the $100.00 saving from my friend. I was only trying to help other members here to locate their computer. Are you upset about something today??

CaptMike

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2012
Sorry Capt'n. $31.00 won't break my bank. Neither will the $100.00 saving from my friend. I was only trying to help other members here to locate their computer. Are you upset about something today??

Still wondering if you paid the sales tax on that unit, that was unanswered ?

EDIT: I do see that you went to VA to pick it up, and VA does charge sales tax.

I also save about $169.00 in sales tax by ordering online from Apple Authorized reseller.

Last edited:

vhp3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008

Why does it matter? I purchased this through my business account and will be used as a write-off for the office.

EDIT: I could have saved if I decided to do wait, but wasn't interested.

TeeZee1000

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010

EDIT: I do see that you went to VA to pick it up, and VA does charge sales tax.

I also save about $169.00 in sales tax by ordering online from Apple Authorized reseller.

lol, so what do you want a medal of valor or something???

Tom J

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2006
Midwest
Attention everyone: CaptMike wants everyone to know that price is the only factor in determining a purchase and that he is king of getting a good deal.

Luvin

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
NJ
So you picked up that model from the mall pre-built? Or you had it delivered to the store and it just came that early from the estimated delivery date? Sorry if I missed something. Don't mind the others, trolls will be trolls. I for one really appreciate the heads up. Thanks!

vhp3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
So you picked up that model from the mall pre-built? Or you had it delivered to the store and it just came that early from the estimated delivery date? Sorry if I missed something. Don't mind the others, trolls will be trolls. I for one really appreciate the heads up. Thanks!

I picked it up from the mall and didn't pre-order for delivery. If you go to the apple store, this is one of their in-stock configs. It's the one that I wanted, and that I originally ordered on apple.com. I decided to call all the apple stores in my area with no-luck. Finally, I walked in to the one closest to my house and they had one sitting there since last night.

I think it's beneficial to go in store instead of calling. The rep told me that if the computer shows less than 2, it will actually show them none in stock.

Good Luck!

When I checked in the UK I was told the only Fusion model available in bricks and mortar stores (rather than BTO) is the top end 27" with i7 processor, 680MX graphics and 1TB Fusion drive.

Well done on snapping one of these up. I wouldn't have let some small change get in the way either. :rolleyes:

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
Attention everyone: CaptMike wants everyone to know that price is the only factor in determining a purchase and that he is king of getting a good deal.
Maybe he can find a good deal on some people skills :)

Dr FranknFurter

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2012
Cambridge UK
When I checked in the UK I was told the only Fusion model available in bricks and mortar stores (rather than BTO) is the top end 27" with i7 processor, 680MX graphics and 1TB Fusion drive.

Well done on snapping one of these up. I wouldn't have let some small change get in the way either. :rolleyes:

Dame.. i thought you could only ever get the base models in store, i.e. 2 x 21's and 2 x 27's in base guise, never considered the store as i wanted the fusion etc..:cool:

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012

I don't know about him being The King ,I can finagle some pretty good deals from time to time .

Luvin

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
NJ
I picked it up from the mall and didn't pre-order for delivery. If you go to the apple store, this is one of their in-stock configs. It's the one that I wanted, and that I originally ordered on apple.com. I decided to call all the apple stores in my area with no-luck. Finally, I walked in to the one closest to my house and they had one sitting there since last night.

I think it's beneficial to go in store instead of calling. The rep told me that if the computer shows less than 2, it will actually show them none in stock.

Good Luck!

Thanks so much for the info. This is good to know. I won't be picking up an iMac until some time after the holidays but it's good to know I don't have to order now to have one in January. I hope you enjoy it! Be sure to share your thoughts with the forums when you can as we all eagerly wait for news and first impressions. :)

evanavevan

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010

Haha seriously CaptMike way to be a passive aggressive d-bag when someone's trying to help. I too appreciate the heads up, that maxed out 27 model is only one step up from what I've ordered from Apple.com (I don't really need the max NVDA GPU), but would gladly pay a little extra if I could get one locally sooner as opposed to waiting until January. Guess I'll just have to be diligent checking local stock. Thanks, OP!

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
Thanks OP for the info. Will be helpful to many on here.

Haha seriously CaptMike way to be a passive aggressive d-bag when someone's trying to help. I too appreciate the heads up, that maxed out 27 model is only one step up from what I've ordered from Apple.com (I don't really need the max NVDA GPU), but would gladly pay a little extra if I could get one locally sooner as opposed to waiting until January. Guess I'll just have to be diligent checking local stock. Thanks, OP!

But did he pay sales tax? That is the question. Also, if he didn't get AppleCare for free he overpaid.

evanavevan

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Anyone have any input on what time is best to swing by the store to check? Morning around open?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.