Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:13 PM   #1
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Westboro Baptist Church planning to picket Sandy Hook

As if this group wasn't despicable enough, now they are planning to show up in Connecticut. Can't get much lower than that.

http://www.examiner.com/article/conn...ning-to-picket

Their twitter accounts are full of wonderful post blaming "fag marriage" for the shootings. Always blaming gay people for everything. Please. I wonder what they blame Oregon's mall shootings on?

https://twitter.com/MargieJPhelps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plans for Sandyhook protest.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	383805  
MadeTheSwitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:15 PM   #2
flopticalcube
macrumors G4

I predict trouble if they go ahead with this. Real trouble.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:16 PM   #3
jbachandouris
macrumors 65816

So wait...18 innocent children dead and these oxygen thieves get to live? Now that's definitely not right!
jbachandouris is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:21 PM   #4
Ice Dragon
macrumors 6502a

The best thing to do is simply not give these people attention. They're the equivalent of internet trolls.
Ice Dragon is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:40 PM   #5
rocknblogger
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Skype™ to rocknblogger
WOW!!! Just WOW!!! I have nothing else to say, speechless.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:41 PM   #6
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

Ahh, well, classy as always....
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:49 PM   #7
SVT Amateur
macrumors 6502

Westboro protested my alma mater Baylor last month - apparently because we are a baptist school that has turned away from God and instead to sports. A rogue secretive group called the NoZe brothers decided to picket with them - and apparently had a good impact and caused them to leave early.

Thumb resize. Thumb resize. Thumb resize.

Last edited by balamw; Dec 16, 2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: TIMG
SVT Amateur is offline   18 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:02 PM   #8
Mac'nCheese
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Amateur View Post
Westboro protested my alma mater Baylor last month - apparently because we are a baptist school that has turned away from God and instead to sports. A rogue secretive group called the NoZe brothers decided to picket with them - and apparently had a good impact and caused them to leave early.

Thank you for posting. Those pics made my day. I hope they keep it up.
Mac'nCheese is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:36 PM   #9
63dot
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac'nCheese View Post
LMAO! Nickelback, now this means war. (also it may have been just as effective to make it John Mayer).
63dot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:38 PM   #10
Vanilla Ice
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk View Post
It's the Christian thing to do.
Umm, No. Radical idiots like Westboro protestors are not Christians. Nice try though.
Vanilla Ice is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:57 PM   #11
Sydde
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
Umm, No. Radical idiots like Westboro protestors are not Christians. Nice try though.
By what standard? Do they not support the Nicene creed? What right have you to declare them not christians if they wish to be called christians? You are welcome to personally disown them, I doubt you will get a whole lot further than that.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:14 PM   #12
flopticalcube
macrumors G4

Quote:
They're not Scotsmen either, well not true Scotsmen.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:16 PM   #13
ouimetnick
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to ouimetnick Send a message via Yahoo to ouimetnick Send a message via Skype™ to ouimetnick
Wait.. So if this is because of gays, then can someone please shoot every WBC member, but leave one alive? Using their logic, it would be because God wanted it, and it is a punishment due to the facts that we aren't not jobs and accept gays?

It would be perfect. It would come and bite them in the ass. That said, I really want someone to kill them. They have no benifit. Why can't we force them to join the military, since they don't give a **** about soldiers either?

Let them get their brains blown out for a change.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:23 PM   #14
fenskezen
macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac'nCheese
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Amateur View Post

This is awesome. I, too, thank you for the pics.
fenskezen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:03 PM   #15
Vanilla Ice
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydde View Post
By what standard? Do they not support the Nicene creed? What right have you to declare them not christians if they wish to be called christians? You are welcome to personally disown them, I doubt you will get a whole lot further than that.
Have you ever attend a Christian church? Have you ever talked with real true believers of Christ? Members of Westboro church would NEVER be accepted to be part of any Christian churche unless they are looking to change from its brain washed hateful ways. For example, http://www.godhatesfags.com Yeah, not not Christian like bud. It's as saying all Atheist hate Jesus and love the devil. Not true.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:24 PM   #16
Sydde
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Have you ever attend a Christian church? Have you ever talked with real true believers of Christ? Members of Westboro church would NEVER be accepted to be part of any Christian churche unless they are looking to change from its brain washed hateful ways. For example, http://www.godhatesfags.com Yeah, not not Christian like bud. It's as saying all Atheist hate Jesus and love the devil. Not true.
Yes, I have, I was raised in it. I have seen a bit of a variety of christian doctrine and ritual. In fact, such a bit of a variety that I have come to conclude that "Christian" is not hugely more meaningful than "Muslim" or "person", exactly because of that variety.

If Westboro wants to call themselves "christian", you have no right to stop them. You can claim that they are not, that is your right, but it changes nothing, nor does it prevent them from sticking on that label. Jesus' name is fair game.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:57 PM   #17
yg17
macrumors G5

I don't condone violence, but if someone ran into the WBC protestors with a semi truck, and I was on the jury, I'd vote to acquit.
yg17 is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:54 AM   #18
fox10078
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Classic "No true Scotsman" fallacy
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:49 AM   #19
Happybunny
macrumors 65816

Why not stop with the Westboro Church, we could invite Honey Boo Boo to do an episode, and maybe one of the Kardashians to open a mall.

It happens so often now in the USA, you could make it a part of reality TV.

Go USA Go NRA.

Last edited by Happybunny; Dec 16, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
Happybunny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:12 AM   #20
iJohnHenry
Banned

As it is apparent that they will not be going away any time soon, I think it behooves us Atheists/Agnostics to consider them a very clever anti-religion "church".

Sarcastically crafty, this lot, what?
iJohnHenry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:22 PM   #21
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouimetnick View Post
It would be perfect. It would come and bite them in the ass. That said, I really want someone to kill them. They have no benifit. Why can't we force them to join the military, since they don't give a **** about soldiers either?

Let them get their brains blown out for a change.
Making them some sort of martyrs for the extreme right wing would do no one any favors and I do not condone violence. Even against these people. I do hope the media can ignore them though. Or that people will pose in front of them and block them like the Nickelback signs! Great idea!

But it really does show how sick and demented these people are to want to show up at little kid's funerals. They are as sick as the shooter himself, just without the gun violence.
MadeTheSwitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:40 PM   #22
obeygiant
macrumors 68040

Anonymous says it will dismantle WBC..

http://vimeo.com/55671721
obeygiant is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:52 PM   #23
vega07
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeygiant View Post

Not that big a fan of Anonymous, but Satan-incarnate needs some bitch-slapping.

Nice vid. Although I'm not sure all this attention is a good thing. But they are just so past the tipping point with Sandy Hook.
vega07 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:06 PM   #24
TSE
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeygiant View Post

Anonymous is a joke and hasn't done squat in recent years after threatening many times to do certain things.

Wouldn't be surprised if a couple of those claims were people saying they were Anonymous, but I know for a fact a few of them were actually Anonymous failing.

I laugh at people that pair the Westboro Baptist Church with Christianity in general.

Yes, the Westboro Baptist Church is Christian. But no, it is not fair to generalize and pair them up with and make their statements valid for all Christians.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:41 PM   #25
myrtlebee
macrumors 65816

With all of the many hundreds of protests WBC's held around the country, I'm surprised they've lasted as long as they have. I guess we will see if they're around tomorrow.
myrtlebee is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Tags
connecticut, sandy hook, school, shooting, wbc