Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:29 PM   #26
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbachandouris View Post
So wait...18 innocent children dead and these oxygen thieves get to live? Now that's definitely not right!
Twenty children, not 18.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:33 PM   #27
jav6454
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17 View Post
I don't condone violence, but if someone ran into the WBC protestors with a semi truck, and I was on the jury, I'd vote to acquit.
What about if someone kidnapped them and slowly but surely inflicted pain and death to them?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:02 PM   #28
obeygiant
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav6454 View Post
What about if someone kidnapped them and slowly but surely inflicted pain and death to them?
Yeah I wonder if he'd mind if they were water boarded?
obeygiant is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:09 PM   #29
Vanilla Ice
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydde View Post
By what standard? Do they not support the Nicene creed? What right have you to declare them not christians if they wish to be called christians? You are welcome to personally disown them, I doubt you will get a whole lot further than that.
Go ahead and defend these idiots. If you knew the difference between a loving Christian and these sick protestors you really would have no reason to argue with me.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:25 PM   #30
Don't panic
macrumors 68040

those idiots should just be ignored.

that said, if it was my daughter and they dared to show up with their crap, i think I would find it hard to stay calm.
Don't panic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:41 PM   #31
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSE View Post
Yes, the Westboro Baptist Church is Christian. But no, it is not fair to generalize and pair them up with and make their statements valid for all Christians.
Agreed. WBC represents Christianity as much as the Islamic terrorists represent Islam.
ucfgrad93 is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:41 PM   #32
obeygiant
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSE View Post

I laugh at people that pair the Westboro Baptist Church with Christianity in general.

Yes, the Westboro Baptist Church is Christian. But no, it is not fair to generalize and pair them up with and make their statements valid for all Christians.
Especially since the WBCs membership is about 40 people and only consists of Phelps' family.
obeygiant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:17 PM   #33
Sydde
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
Go ahead and defend these idiots. If you knew the difference between a loving Christian and these sick protestors you really would have no reason to argue with me.
You still do not get to decide what "christian" means. You want it to mean the same thing as "good", utter nonsense. I have known, met and known of scads of christian skanks and slime as well as good and decent ones, empirical evidence shows "christian" to be a morally neutral label. The fact that WBC are bog-worms does not somehow make them not christians, and none of your loathing and deprecation can change that.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:20 PM   #34
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

I am hoping that some of you are viewing the very beautiful prayer service taking place in Newtown right now. It's very poignant. President Obama has yet to speak.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:53 AM   #35
bradl
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspasia View Post
I am hoping that some of you are viewing the very beautiful prayer service taking place in Newtown right now. It's very poignant. President Obama has yet to speak.
Unfortunately not. News over the wires is that a bomb threat or a threat of some sort was called into the church, leading everyone to evacuate.

We really have some idiots in this country who quite honestly need to be sent on an exploratory mission into a black hole.

BL.
bradl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:57 AM   #36
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradl View Post
Unfortunately not. News over the wires is that a bomb threat or a threat of some sort was called into the church, leading everyone to evacuate.

We really have some idiots in this country who quite honestly need to be sent on an exploratory mission into a black hole.

BL.
The interfaith service was held in the evening at the Newton High School, not the church. FOX was the only network to broadcast the entire service; am grateful they did.

Am hoping the authorities find whoever called in that bomb threat and prosecutes fully.

Here's some interesting info re WBC:
http://gizmodo.com/5968886/anonymous...uneral-protest
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:42 AM   #37
jav6454
macrumors G5

Well, the WBC got hacked on Twitter. Go on now and check.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:34 PM   #38
million7
macrumors regular

You guys give WBC too much attention. They're attention whores.

And yes they're Christian, they read the same bible Christians do and pray to the same God. They just happen to be extremely radical in their views.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:52 PM   #39
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by million7 View Post
You guys give WBC too much attention. They're attention whores.

And yes they're Christian, they read the same bible Christians do and pray to the same God. They just happen to be extremely radical in their views.
Just because someone calls themselves Christian, does not mean that person actually is that. They do very very un-Christian things.
MadeTheSwitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:55 PM   #40
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeTheSwitch View Post
Just because someone calls themselves Christian, does not mean that person actually is that. They do very very un-Christian things.
The WBC hardly has a corner on that market with Christianity.
rdowns is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:45 PM   #41
NickZac
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeTheSwitch View Post
Agreed. I'm in the 'undecided' group about the whole religion/god thing but my instincts (and the teachings of Jesus as documented in the Bible) tell me that if a higher power exists that people like those from the WBC are probably going to be the ones deemed as 'sinners', if such thing exists.

These people (among others) have used Christianity as a blanket for evil, and have largely chopped up and manipulated religious doctrine to show 'factually' that you, I, and my neighbor's (dead) cat are all going to hell and that these school shootings are clearly the result of gay people through some phenomena which is occurring at a level that only they are gifted enough to understand.

Sorry, we aren't the enlightened ones.

NickZac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:30 PM   #42
G51989
Banned

News has it, the Hells Angles Bikers club formed a menacing human chain of people and motor cycles around the funerals and scared the WBC off, good for them.

http://www.examiner.com/article/west...rted-by-bikers
G51989 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:50 PM   #43
chown33
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51989 View Post
News has it, the Hells Angles Bikers club formed a menacing human chain of people and motor cycles around the funerals and scared the WBC off, good for them.

That article says nothing about any biker club or organization by name. I know several bikers who can "look menacing" if they need to, but they are quite nice fellows. Some are teachers, lawyers, or even software engineers.

The article also needs a copy-editor who knows the difference between "principle" and "principal". Principal Dawn Hochsprung was a pal to all.
chown33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:51 PM   #44
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

This is terrible.
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 8.0
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:59 PM   #45
flopticalcube
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51989 View Post

Acute, obtuse, right and straight. Nasty boys!
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:34 AM   #46
G51989
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chown33 View Post
That article says nothing about any biker club or organization by name. I know several bikers who can "look menacing" if they need to, but they are quite nice fellows. Some are teachers, lawyers, or even software engineers.

The article also needs a copy-editor who knows the difference between "principle" and "principal". Principal Dawn Hochsprung was a pal to all.
I am a biker, the Hell's Angles and Patriot Guard were there.
G51989 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:54 AM   #47
octatonic
macrumors regular

By posting about this you are giving them publicity.
Don't follow them, don't comment on them- IMHO it is the only way to deal with them.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:30 PM   #48
NickZac
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard OSX View Post
This is terrible.
It really makes you wonder about how people can be so horrible. It's actually people like them that make me question if God does exist...I mean, how can people be like that? ...it's a complete lack of any decency whatsoever...what god would let people function like that in the name of him/her/god??? (not sure what terminology goes there but you get my point)
NickZac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:41 PM   #49
Mac'nCheese
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickZac View Post
It really makes you wonder about how people can be so horrible. It's actually people like them that make me question if God does exist...I mean, how can people be like that? ...it's a complete lack of any decency whatsoever...what god would let people function like that in the name of him/her/god??? (not sure what terminology goes there but you get my point)
God used to punish evil doers. Guess he's grown lazy.
Mac'nCheese is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:12 PM   #50
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
By posting about this you are giving them publicity.
Don't follow them, don't comment on them- IMHO it is the only way to deal with them.
I hardly think MacRumors is the media outlet they are looking for.
MadeTheSwitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Tags
connecticut, sandy hook, school, shooting, wbc