Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:01 PM   #26
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Great idea to try it out before you completelly port over your number and closing your old AT&T account.
From what I heard in most refarmed areas you will get 3G speeds with your iphone but travel a few miles on either direction and you're back again to painfully slow 2G Edge data.
See if you can tolerate it and if coverage is there at the places you frequent the most.
With AT&T you dont have to worry about losing 3G cause its almost everywhere and now LTE is also available in many places.
So it wont be the same but if it works for you and you're willing to make some compromises then go for it.
Applejuiced is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:29 PM   #27
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Great idea to try it out before you completelly port over your number and closing your old AT&T account.
From what I heard in most refarmed areas you will get 3G speeds with your iphone but travel a few miles on either direction and you're back again to painfully slow 2G Edge data.
See if you can tolerate it and if coverage is there at the places you frequent the most.
With AT&T you dont have to worry about losing 3G cause its almost everywhere and now LTE is also available in many places.
So it wont be the same but if it works for you and you're willing to make some compromises then go for it.
Exactly what Applejuiced said. I have t-Mobile and its good in my area but if you move outside the area then you go back to 2G. Try it out and see if you like it, if not then wait till they are finished with the refarming.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:35 PM   #28
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime85 View Post
Exactly what Applejuiced said. I have t-Mobile and its good in my area but if you move outside the area then you go back to 2G. Try it out and see if you like it, if not then wait till they are finished with the refarming.
Well said.
I rather not switch to a carrier and wait with hopes and dreams for the future for them to improve.
If they cant deliver service and data speeds that I need then its pointless to me to sit there and try to tolerate it in order to save $30-40 a month.
But everyone is different and in a different financial situation.
I dont mind paying a little extra for service and reliability.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone