Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsmith83

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Central Florida
So I upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 6.0.1 the day it was released and I've had a few constant issues.

- First and foremost, battery is terrible. I unplugged my phone from its charger at 10AM today with 100% battery, and by noon it was at like 36%. All total I spent about 5 minutes in Instagram, read a couple forums via Safari for maybe 10 minutes, and sent some texts. I used to be able to make it until at least 5 or 6pm before my battery drained that far.

- My texts lag like crazy. When I type a text (whether iMessage or SMS), sometimes there's a 5 - 10 second delay after I hit send where my phone completely freezes. Also, sometimes the incoming messages cause lag... I will see a badge on my Messages app that says I have a message, but the preview/SMS sound won't play until several seconds later. Sometimes it doesn't play at all. Occasionally after sending a text and hitting the home button to exit the app, the app hangs and I cannot exit it for several seconds. This is my biggest pet peeve.

It's a 16gb phone but I only have about 3gb left thanks mostly to pictures and video. I thought maybe I needed to free up some space but with 3gb available I shouldn't be seeing this kind of lag, should I?

Anyway, I guess I'd like to back up and restore my phone and I'm wondering the best way to go about it. I'll just manually save all my pics and videos, but what's the best way to back up apps? What's the best way to restore the phone? Do I just hit Restore in iTunes, then set up the phone from an iCloud/local backup?

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
make backup on your mac/pc,restore,restore backup,when backup has finished simply reset all settings and network settings,it should be up and running fine afterwards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.