Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:12 AM   #1
applefanboy5
macrumors member

Verizon iPhone 5 Light Bleed

Would light bleeding under the power button be a legitimate reason to exchange for a new device if i just got it on monday? Would this count as a defective device?
applefanboy5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:15 AM   #2
pure3d2
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by applefanboy5 View Post
Would light bleeding under the power button be a legitimate reason to exchange for a new device if i just got it on monday? Would this count as a defective device?
I believe Verizon gives you 1 free swap. After that it's $35 each time, unless the phone is defective. Whether or not light bleeding is considered a defect is up to the person you're dealing with.

You can also take it to the Apple store (they seem to be easier with swaps than Verizon stores).
pure3d2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:18 AM   #3
applefanboy5
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure3d2 View Post
I believe Verizon gives you 1 free swap. After that it's $35 each time, unless the phone is defective. Whether or not light bleeding is considered a defect is up to the person you're dealing with.

You can also take it to the Apple store (they seem to be easier with swaps than Verizon stores).
I actually did call applecare and they said since i'm under the 1 year i could get a replacement (refurbished) so i'm wondering if i could just exchange for a new one directly from Verizon since i just got this phone on the 24th. The only reason why i ask if this is a legitimate reason is because i had another white one before that had dust under the camera lense and this new one has the light bleed under the home button.
applefanboy5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:25 AM   #4
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

No one on the forums can tell you if it's legitimate. It is completely under the discretion of Verizon or Apple depending on who you take it to. Instead waiting for a positive response on a forum, first go directly to who you are trying to get a replacement through. If you are turned down, then come back and see if anyone can here can further assist you with relevant situations.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone