Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batman189

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
OK so I was given an Iphone 4 CDMA that is stuck in recovery mode. I know nothing about the phone so I am assuming it was jailbroken to be safe. I connected it to Itunes and it downloads the software to restore and then gives error (3194). When I do the Shift + Restore It goes all the way until it seems like it is done and gives error (-1). I CAN NOT put it into DFU mode. I know how to put phones into dfu and this one just wont go into dfu. As soon as the phone boots no matter what buttons your holding it goes right back to connect to Itunes after about a second. I am at a complete loss and cant decide if I should throw the phone away or not. Any help would be much appreciated. *Note the home button works, I took it out and tested it in another Iphone

Edit: Tried tinyUmbrella to kick out of restore and it does not work.

Last edited:

batman189

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
thanks

I got it to get into pwned DFU mode and it still restored back to error -1

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
if you can get it in pwn-DFU you should be able to get it in DFU as well.

connect it to TinyUmbrella and see what the current iOS version is

check with redsn0w or TU which SHSH's you have.

amaturtechguy

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2012
same prob different cause

ipod touch 4g 8gb with a crack screen. i knew it was working when i took off the screen because i used the sound of siri as an indicator. when i got the new part in i installed it and a white screen apeared. on google it said the part did not connect to the ipod properly and i would have to restore. when i was restoring 3/4 done it stopped and gave an error code (-1) no it is not being recognized by itunes and it will not turn on (no sound) not jailbroken

bonvits13

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
Entering DFU Mode

Hi there... have you try to use RECBOOT? I have the same case as you have before. I did try to use it... Happily!!! It works and now my phone if fine. I hope it goes the same to you. Good Luck.

OK so I was given an Iphone 4 CDMA that is stuck in recovery mode. I know nothing about the phone so I am assuming it was jailbroken to be safe. I connected it to Itunes and it downloads the software to restore and then gives error (3194). When I do the Shift + Restore It goes all the way until it seems like it is done and gives error (-1). I CAN NOT put it into DFU mode. I know how to put phones into dfu and this one just wont go into dfu. As soon as the phone boots no matter what buttons your holding it goes right back to connect to Itunes after about a second. I am at a complete loss and cant decide if I should throw the phone away or not. Any help would be much appreciated. *Note the home button works, I took it out and tested it in another Iphone

Edit: Tried tinyUmbrella to kick out of restore and it does not work.

idontjailbreak

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
I have a similar thread up above. however I get this -1 error after trying to use a custom stitched version of 5.1.1.

the only real solution, to get it to pwned dfu again, is

1)download ireb v6 (or latest).
2) Select your device in the device list.
3) Follow the steps to get it into dfu mode
4) You should be able to get in.

Note: after error -1, i tried tiny umbrella, redsnow, even ireb's exit recovery mode nothing worked.

I used this and it worked like a charm. However I still could not get the custom ipsw stitched onto the device, only 4.1.1 (still signed by apple).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.