Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tstathakis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Atlanta, Ga
Has anyone started experiencing issues with the power button on their ip5? The past couple days I have had an issue with the button working intermittently, and the weirdest issue, me pressing the button, and the screen turns of, but a split second later it cuts back on to the lock screen without me doing anything. I have had the phone in an otter box since I bought it, it's never been dropped or anything of the sort. I had this issue with my ip4 but that was after a drop, this just randomly started a couple days ago with no drops. Any thoughts or similar experiences?

tstathakis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Atlanta, Ga
I've had these issues too with the launch day iPhone 5. Just take it to an apple store if you are past 30 days if your return period and they will replace it.

Mine would probably be out of that time frame since I bought it in early October, would they still honor it?

Also it doesn't happen consistently, so I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to replicate it in front of them for them to see.

monkey28rb

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Mine is the same way. It only works if I tap it on the very corner. Other then that does not work right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.