Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:42 AM   #1
Gray bishop
macrumors regular

Grokr

Grokr is by Grokrlabs.com

I've been using this for about 10 hours now and it's alot like Google Now......
For those that don't know anything about it a couple of guys from Silicon Valley made an app that does things similar to Google Now on Android's Jellybean OS (and older OS if you root your phone and install the program yourself)

having used Google Now for months I felt this would be a poor experience, Google Now to me was something done right, giving me info I needed without having to open up multiple apps to get it........... I was slightly wrong.....

the guys have done a great job with the app, it gives me news on things I actually am interested in, local movies, gas station locations, etc.

I had a problem with my address being wrong on the app but that's due to APPLE MAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH
even after me correcting the location the apple maps still manages to screw it up.....

that aside:
the facebook integration is in need of a fix.... I have 2 fb accounts and wanted to see what the info would look like with the other acct. signed in; the app wouldn't let me try that. Weird

Google Now also had this pleasurable method of discarding their card info you no longer needed by sliding it to the side, I need something similar integrated into this app, right now I have breaking news which I can't delete which is annoying......

Other than those simple fixes it really is a cool app, hopefully it will improve rather quickly.
Gray bishop is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps