Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Phoneinfo
macrumors newbie

Exchange Email Pushing to iPhone 5

Anyone have a problem with Exchange emails pushing to the iPhone 5? Emails with every account except Exchange pushes to my iphone 5. Exchange only works when I open the mail app manually.
Phoneinfo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:20 AM   #2
Baggio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneinfo View Post
Anyone have a problem with Exchange emails pushing to the iPhone 5? Emails with every account except Exchange pushes to my iphone 5. Exchange only works when I open the mail app manually.
Go to settings>mail, contacts, calendars>fetch new data>advance and check and see if your exchange account is set to push.
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:29 PM   #3
davehutch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneinfo View Post
I have the opposite issue. My Exchange account has pushed several times to my iPhone even though it's specifically set to "Manual"
davehutch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:48 PM   #4
whsbuss
macrumors 65816

Exchange push, except for Gmail for some reason, has been a problem since 6.0 and has been reported to be fixed in 6.1 but no one really knows. I'm having a problem since Saturday where adding Hotmail or Outlook.com via exchange is being setup as a standard Hotmail account but only on iOS 6. It doesn't allow the 2nd screen where the remote server is entered (m.hotmail.com). Instead it goes to the final screen for selecting the services you want like mail, calendar, contacts, reminders. Then if you open the mail app and go to the Mailboxes screen, it shows the Hotmail icon and not the Exchange icon.
whsbuss is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone