Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

millhouse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
hi i was wondering if anyone on here had the hacked files for final cut pro that let you do realtime effects in it even if your processor doesnt meet the requirements for it, the website with it seems to have the files removed by apple and no sites on the net seem to have it so i was hoping someone here did.

BenderBot1138

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2002
Realtime FX workaround

It's important to note that RT is designed for G4's. The minimum seems to be 500Mhz in this processor class.

You probably already know that you can preview in real time in QuickView, which is found in your Tools menu; the result is a tab in your Tool Bench Window in "Three Up" layout. Even many power users of Final Cut Pro tend to overlook the amazing abilities in the "QuickView" tool. Switching to a lower render quality - say medium level - makes a dramatic increase in speed in many instances.

That said, in a recent MacRumors thread discussing the immenent release of Final Cut Pro 4 there were some real genius insights, including a tutorial that might solve your question (credit to crassusad44 - thanks much). I highly recommend you visit that thread and bask in the sunlight of our MacRumors community knowledge :D

I found also that the Manuals that accompany Final Cut Pro define well the specific hardware requirements necessary for genuine RT effects. Check Volume 4 of your manuals, page 189.

:cool:

Swinny

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2002
Oxford, UK
The Tutorial link that BenderBot1138 supplies is more or less the same info as the stuff that was downloadable from the site you are trying to find...

I updated my FCP3 under OSX on my iBook-500 just for a laugh and it did indeed work!...Totally and utterly unusable really...the iBook was able to render very basic transitions (cross dissolve and wipes) in real-time, but as soon as it had finished the real-time sections it died completly and was no longer able to play standard footage from the time-line unless playback was stopped and started.

...so, it obviously does work, and will probably work slightly better on G4 machines...but it would seem Apple have set these levels for very obvious reasons!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.