Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matNZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2012
Hello, I have been driven demented by my Mac mail. II am a list manager for a community email list. I want to transfer a group email list (includes about 300 email addresses) to my Mac mail box. I do not want to have to do this manually. I have had to resort to copying the email list into an excel document then coping to a bcc line in an email. It does not always work and doesn't solve the problem long term. How can I transfer the list intact and have it come up in my Address Book as a group email list?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I'm not clear what program or format you have the addresses in now? Ideally, you would export from the addresses in a VCF card format then import that into OS X address book and put them all in a group.

matNZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2012
Transferring an email list

The current list is in Microsoft Outlook.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
The current list is in Microsoft Outlook.

Okay... just export the addresses form Outlook in a VCF card format. Ho to do this depends on you Outlook version. Just Google "export VCF card from Outlook 200?" or whatever and you can find out how to do this.

Then take that VCF card file and hit command-o in Contacts and point to the VCF card file you moved to the Mac. This will import the addresses into Contacts and you will see them in the last imported section. Now create a new group and drag all the addresses from last imported into the group.

Now when you start typing the group name in the BCC filed in OS X Mail, those addresses will auto populate the field.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.