Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:20 PM   #26
bevsb2
macrumors 6502

No, never. I only use my camera for photos. I don't see any problem with it however - it just seems awkard to me.
bevsb2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:30 PM   #27
yinz
macrumors 6502a

I have an iPad 2, so no...

I think for the iPad, they should upgrade the front facing camera before the rear.. people clearly would benefit from this with all the self portraits and FaceTime going on...
yinz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:38 PM   #28
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

I do take pictures with my iPad for quick things in good quality - usually at home, though. Sometimes when I'm out and about on vacation trips, too.

I usually use my iPhone to take pictures of things when I'm out with friends, or see interesting things in the city, etc.

I have a professional Canon camera that I use for events, parties, graduations, and hobby photography.

But I have used my iPad to take pictures, and I do regularly as well.
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 8.0
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:02 PM   #29
donnaw
macrumors 6502a

I use mine to take pics and videos all the time. But I don't think I would take it to a football game. Way too much shoving, etc. if you really want pics maybe pick up a couple of disposable cameras.

It's not about looking silly. Eventually you have to get over what others think. But in this case it's probably more about the hassle and potential for damage to your iPad.

Whatever you decide, have fun!
donnaw is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:03 PM   #30
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Twice because I didn't want to get off my ass to grab my phone when my dog was doing something stupid. /shrug
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:18 PM   #31
dazz87
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello... View Post
All the time mostly for eBay.
same here
dazz87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:23 PM   #32
trevpimp1
macrumors newbie

I'm gonna use mine. Who cares what other people think.
trevpimp1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:28 PM   #33
ManicMarc
macrumors regular

Yes although I use it more for video over photos. Lets face it if you walk around taking photos you're going to look like a tourist no matter what camera you use - who cares.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:48 PM   #34
RenoG
macrumors 65816

No, its too cumbersome. Because there are many other easy/convenient readily avaliable alternatives i.e. phone, disposible cams, small digital cameras out there, to use an 9 inch ipad looks a bit nonsensical to say the least.
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:01 PM   #35
Badrottie
macrumors 68030

I have seen a lot of people taking picture out of iPad at the Space Shuttle museum I thought it was crazy. I can use it for home only.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:32 PM   #36
neutrino23
macrumors 65816

The pictures are OK. If you have nothing else the go for it.

I'd worry about security in a crowd. Make sure you have a case in case it gets dropped. A strap would be nice. A small back pack would be good for those times when you are not using the iPad. Where it across your chest. That way someone can't reach in and steal the iPad without your knowing it.

The pictures are OK, especially when there is a lot of light. I take a fair amount of photos with my iPad. It works well when you just want to document something or have a picture available to email to someone.

Go outside and take a few pictures to get a feel for it. The biggest problem I imagine is that the field of view is rather wide. The players will all look like little dots. But if you just want pictures of you and your friends or other things kind of close it could be good.
neutrino23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:02 PM   #37
Awakener
macrumors 6502

Why not use your iPhone 5?
Awakener is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:24 PM   #38
twigman08
macrumors 6502

Never understood the "it looks silly." No it doesn't? It has a camera, one that is semi-decent and will work for most peoples needs, so why not actually use the camera? Cause your afraid a select few of people will think you look stupid?

The people who think you look stupid are the same people who would make fun of people in school cause they actually did their homework or were smart.

I race Remote Control Cars and their is someone who records all of his friends races with a tablet. Does everyone their think he looks silly? Nope. Though silly is him racing with a GoPro Strapped to his head to record his car. Silly but cool.

Also why care what people think of you? In my mind you're "cool" if you're not afraid to get your tablet our to take a photo/video. The people that seriously say it looks silly are the ones that are silly.
twigman08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:26 PM   #39
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

I've used my iPad 2 often for photos. It takes great pictures so long as you use it in bright light.

I've also seen lots of folks using their iPads for photographic purposes and think it's rather cool to see savvy people using great technology!

Now, I will be honest in admitting that since I got my iPod Touch 5G, that's my camera option of choice because of the flash and the fact it fits into my pocket.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:27 PM   #40
dcorban
macrumors 6502a

I would use the camera if it were superior to the iPhone and I had a cellular model (therefore carrying the iPad outdoors). As it is, I would never use the relatively low quality camera. I don't understand why the iPad even has a rear-facing camera.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:43 PM   #41
roccobladr
macrumors regular

I dunno if I'd take it to an eagles game. Us philly sports fans can get wild, but then again we don't have anything to get wild and rowdy about this year so you should be fine!
roccobladr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:39 PM   #42
cfs112
macrumors member

yes, I do with my iPad mini. small enough that it doesn't look as strange. but as some people have stated, tablets are becoming so commonplace nowadays that its not strange anymore.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:43 PM   #43
edvj
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteIphone5 View Post
I'll be driving down to Philly for a football game and well I don't have a digital camera lol and I was thinking about taking pictures with my iPad but I don't want to look stupid.
Well it do kind of look stupid, but hey it gets the job done.
http://peopletakingpictureswithipads.tumblr.com/
edvj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:00 AM   #44
Miharu
macrumors 6502

I wouldn't take pictures with it simply because the camera quality isn't spectacular.
Miharu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:18 AM   #45
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

sometimes I do; more while inside the house or few times outside.

It still looks a bit silly using iPad for photography; but hey, why not. Better shot with an iPad compared to no image. People and I will get used to it.

Actually I on purpose tried it as Disney Land (Tokyo) with the iPad because at that time is was my only HD recorder for video. Was nice actually.
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.
ChristianJapan is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:44 AM   #46
Gix1k
macrumors 68020

Never
MacBook Pro Retina 15"
Gix1k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:45 AM   #47
Dweez
macrumors 65816

No, as my ipad 2 takes awful pictures.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad