Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:20 AM   #1
auwkeung
macrumors member

Time Machine not enough backup space after restore

Recently I have bought myself a new iMac 27 inches

Thanks to Time Machine, I have migrated all of my contents and apps etc to the new machine and it's just like I haven't change at all.

But there's a problem, I chose to inherit the Time Machine hoping that I could keep the history of my contents, but when it tries to backup it said there's not enough space in the ext harddisk...with a mere 500 GB deficit

Is there anyway I could resume the backup of TM without having to wipe out and start it all over again??
auwkeung is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:41 AM   #2
aarond12
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by auwkeung View Post
Is there anyway I could resume the backup of TM without having to wipe out and start it all over again??
There is, but it's potentially dangerous. Go into your Time Machine drive and start deleting some of the date folders. Don't delete the first one, nor the last one, but the middle ones are less harmful.

Ideally you want to just clear out your drive and start over.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store