Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renewed

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • N/A

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
Well, my iTunes Match subscription has lapsed for the simple reason Apple don't provide enough storage. As an early adopter, I'm interested to know whether people have renewed or what other reasons people have decided for not renewing.

Had Apple provided a number of options for larger libraries, and the costs had been reasonable (I'd have been happy paying another £10 a year for double the storage) I'd have happily signed up for another 12 months as I thought the service was really good, when it worked ;)

MrPresident

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2009
Manchester
I loved iTunes match when it arrived. Since iOS6 has removed the function that allowed me to control what music I had on my iPhone I've become more frustrated with it. Instead of allowing me to swipe and delete music I only wanted to listen to once and then remove for other music, I now need to delete my entire library. Now I find myself running out of room or having to download certain songs over and over, eating my data allowance.

The great thing about match was that you'd never need a phone bigger than 8GB really! Now that's not so true.

Having said that, I still enjoy having my high quality music wherever I want it, so yes, I renewed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.