Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan.Tanner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
McKinney, TX
So, I tried contacting UPS to change the delivery address on my iMac order currently sitting in Louisville. UPS informed me that I have to change the delivery address with Apple.

So, I have tried contacting Apple Support (1-800-692-7753) to change my order. Every time I give my order information and they search for someone to take my call, it says they have "expected high call volume" and they cannot help me. Then I get disconnected. This has happened 5-6 times over the last 24 hours.

How in the world am I supposed to get through? Don't they have a hold queue to wait in?

santatracker

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
So, I tried contacting UPS to change the delivery address on my iMac order currently sitting in Louisville. UPS informed me that I have to change the delivery address with Apple.

So, I have tried contacting Apple Support (1-800-692-7753) to change my order. Every time I give my order information and they search for someone to take my call, it says they have "expected high call volume" and they cannot help me. Then I get disconnected. This has happened 5-6 times over the last 24 hours.

How in the world am I supposed to get through? Don't they have a hold queue to wait in?

The expected high call volume just started a few days ago. I guess you will have to keep trying. I have been trying to access "my orders" online, and the page wont open either. Looks like a lot of people are ordering their iMacs. good luck.

Ryan.Tanner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
McKinney, TX
The expected high call volume just started a few days ago. I guess you will have to keep trying. I have been trying to access "my orders" online, and the page wont open either. Looks like a lot of people are ordering their iMacs. good luck.
I wish there was a support chat. Apple's Support site says there is a "chat" button located in the upper right of the Apple Store site, but I do not see it at all. I've also done a Chrome webpage search (Ctrl+F) for "chat" on the Apple Store page, and it came up empty.

santatracker

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
I wish there was a support chat. Apple's Support site says there is a "chat" button located in the upper right of the Apple Store site, but I do not see it at all. I've also done a Chrome webpage search (Ctrl+F) for "chat" on the Apple Store page, and it came up empty.

In order to access the chat, add something to the shopping cart, go to the check out page and then the chat feature appears on the top right corner. Hope that helps.

AndiS.

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Holy crap, thanks for the tip. Waiting in the chat queue now.

In case they cannot help you via chat, I got through a lot easier on Saturday morning, as opposed to Friday night. Actually also concerning a UPS shipment ; )

I'm not suggesting you wait til Saturday, but maybe calling very early could save you some hassle, if you have the time to wait? Alternatively maybe call a local Apple store, perhaps they could be of help. I do hope all this won't be necessary and the chat already helped you, but when it came to orders they always referred me to the hotline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.