Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:56 AM   #1
chill.
macrumors 6502

Cool best phone plan for my family and i?

so i sort of jumped the gun already and got an iphone 5 on verizon. i'm paying $90/month for 1 gig of data and unlimited voice/text.

my parents are on t-mobile and have prepaid pay-as-you-go plans. my dad has a smartphone, doesn't have a data plan but would enjoy one, and i wouldn't mind sharing my data with him.

honestly, i only need about 100 minutes of daytime calling a month, and my parents use 100 minutes every 3 months or so.

is there a good family plan we can go on to maximize savings? i don't mind paying the upfront cost to opt out of verizon if it means good long-term savings.

thanks
chill. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:03 AM   #2
travis.hansen
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chill. View Post
so i sort of jumped the gun already and got an iphone 5 on verizon. i'm paying $90/month for 1 gig of data and unlimited voice/text.

my parents are on t-mobile and have prepaid pay-as-you-go plans. my dad has a smartphone, doesn't have a data plan but would enjoy one, and i wouldn't mind sharing my data with him.

honestly, i only need about 100 minutes of daytime calling a month, and my parents use 100 minutes every 3 months or so.

is there a good family plan we can go on to maximize savings? i don't mind paying the upfront cost to opt out of verizon if it means good long-term savings.

thanks
T-Mobile is cheap but if data is your thing you need to find out if T-Mobile has launched 1900 band 3G in your area or you will be stuck surfing the web on EDGE.
travis.hansen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:22 PM   #3
pooleman
macrumors 65816

The proper title for your thread should be "Best phone plan for my family and me?" or "Best phone plan for me and my family". You wouldn't say "Best phone plan for I", so you shouldn't say it when adding another person or group to your sentence.

If the sentence wouldn't make sense when it's just singular (I, me, etc) then it doesn't make sense when you pluralize it.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Just add your parents to your plan on Verizon and add on another couple gbs of data for you and your dad to use. No point of paying an etf to switch if Verizon has good service for you.
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:49 AM   #5
chill.
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
The proper title for your thread should be "Best phone plan for my family and me?" or "Best phone plan for me and my family". You wouldn't say "Best phone plan for I", so you shouldn't say it when adding another person or group to your sentence.

If the sentence wouldn't make sense when it's just singular (I, me, etc) then it doesn't make sense when you pluralize it.
thanks for the reminder, i had forgotten about this bit of grammar
chill. is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone