Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryanc28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Arlington, Va
Want to upgrade, but the Apple Store is much more closer than the Walmart in my area. Will Apple price match the $127 Walmart deal?

mguti

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
TX
Called bestbuy this morning and they will match it. I got my iPhone 5 a little over a week ago and the lady told me since I paid cash for it that I had to go to the nearest bestbuy to get my refund back on the difference.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
Best Buy only will if you have an ad...which I cant find. I feel like since the only picture I can find of it is a facebook post, they wont allow it.

Just talked to them, It must be an ad from Walmart.

lookn4wifi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
In my experience the Apple Store does price match. I bought a 4S while Wal Mart was listing it for $149. The Apple Store employee pulled up walmart.com from a display iMac and confirmed. I was then helped by another associate and I forgot to ask for the price match.

I returned to the Apple Store that afternoon and explained I forgot to ask for the price match. They gave me a gift card for the difference.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Hmm. A 32GB iPhone 5 is now $299 less $50 at Walmart, ¿qué no? I just checked BestBuy.com and they list the 32GB at $249. Not sure if the 32GB has more of a discount at Walmart like the $127 16GB.

Note that frys.com now is selling them at $126-226-326; and you can get chips with that :) Only in-store though. Bestbuy is selling online,

Rob

Last edited:

robertbooth

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2012
Markham Il
In the Chicago area a lot of customers are saying no on is price matching Walmart yet. Our managers did not even know the iPhone's were gonna go on sale. It took us me buy storm. From. The time I walked all I did was iPhone activations 3-9. We could have did more but we ran out of phones

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
Best buy will NOT price match without an ad and there isn't a physical ad, only a Facebook post. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with there customer service and bam, ill be refunded my money in 7-10 days. The guy knew exactly what I was talking about, he called Walmart to confirm and all was good. He even apologized for the employee refusing to price match.

Always be a squeaky mouse, you'll get somewhere!!

nikhilkas

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2010
I had posted earlier, that Apple would not price match. Forgot to mention that I tried the local radio shack store as well. They refused to price match but were willing to buy my old iphone 4. Did not take up that option as my old phone has a cracked screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.