Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:35 AM   #1
ray6712
macrumors regular

iPhone 6

now i could be dreaming here because this goes against every bit of speculation out there but I believe we will see a brand new iPhone this year. I think the 5 was a bridge device meant to carry us into this year so Apple could get the 6 ready.

If you look at Apples past moves the original phone and the 3g and the 3gs all were very similar in concept and execution, now the 4 of course the 4s and now the 5 are very similar in their form.

If we look at available tech Apple never takes big steps to keep up but only when they are ready to implement them. Now i know its all speculation on my part so far but i believe they will introduce 3 different models this year a brand new iPhone the 5s although i doubt it will be called 5s anymore and a new cheaper model called mini or slim or something.

Android phones are currently running high ppi 1080p screens like its normal I believe Apple will employ a new widescreen iPhone about 4.3 inches at double the resolution as its current phones offerings this way once again all previous apps will scale and all the developers would have to do is upgrade the apps resolution.

My reasoning could be totally wrong i know this but if we could see the competition coming surely Apple could and they used the 5 to bridge themselves to a whole new version of the phone while making the 5 a new mid tier phone and introducing a newer smaller cheaper iPhone.
This gives them their margins they can effectively start pricing the new iPhone at say a 299 price point to start but offer it with say 32g starting level a mid tier phone that can start at say 199 but offer it at only 32g of memory and a low priced model at say 100 that carriers could offer cheaply and on sale and would never carry the highest specs but would be always refreshed with the old models body made with older components and out of a cheaper material.

If you look at current reports Apple is tapping A couple more manufacturers to assemble iPhones. this tells me they need more manufacturing because they have different product lines a are moving the iPhone to a Mac like line instead of 1 product have 3 win all the available revenue here and in developing countries and do it all based on existing tech but save the greatest tech for the new Halo iPhone make it a world beater and let the chips fall where they may.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 01:34 PM   #2
macMD
macrumors 6502

I don't see Apple introducing the iPhone 6 this year, history has shown them they can get away with a spec bump and still sell tons of phones. The cheap(er) iPhone will fill in the price sensitive gap and they can finally kill off the iP3GS, iP4/4S.
macMD is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 01:48 PM   #3
abz1981
macrumors 6502a

Apple will bring out Iphone 5S as they have brought out previous s models. I think to be honest Apple are glad that the Samsung S4 is just another spec update and speed bump from the S3. Nothing too great and this will mean Apple wont have to bring out something drastic in terms of re-design. I think the main importance of the next Iphone 5S update would be to do with the new IOS 7.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:04 PM   #4
Jimmy James
macrumors 65816

What do you mean by "bridge device" when the hardware was all new?
Jimmy James is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:31 PM   #5
ray6712
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy James View Post
What do you mean by "bridge device" when the hardware was all new?
Yesssir i mean bridge device true the hardware was all new but it was used as a bridge between the current design language as well as the new design language
Old Mar 23, 2013, 08:35 PM   #6
walmartmartyr
macrumors 6502

Because apple has such a great replacement program, they have to do the S models. Hey cannot have multiple hardware models that they need to keep making parts for for at least two years after they sell the last one.
walmartmartyr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 08:37 PM   #7
wxman2003
macrumors 65816

I don't think we will see the iPhone 6 until 2014 along with a major redesign of ios. iPhone 5S and ios 7 will only be minor bumps.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 01:15 AM   #8
Cody21
macrumors 6502a

We're still waiting for the iPhone 5S to become official and theres already an iPhone 6 thread. They're not gonna release an iPhone 5S along with an iPhone 6 this year and an iPhone 6S next year.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone