Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:51 PM   #1
jwm2
macrumors regular

iMessages & Memory Leaks

Over the past couple of weeks i've noticed that iMessages is using up most of my systems memory. This is happening on my imac mid 2011 with 16gb of RAM. Its been updated to mountain lion since the day it came out on the app store. Anyhow iMessages will use upto 12-14gb of ram until i force close it. Which in turn makes my pc run very sluggish with the beach ball popping up even while doing very simple tasks. Any thoughts on how to remedy this? Or should i just not use iMessages on my pc anymore?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:16 PM   #2
funnyboy88
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2 View Post
Over the past couple of weeks i've noticed that iMessages is using up most of my systems memory. This is happening on my imac mid 2011 with 16gb of RAM. Its been updated to mountain lion since the day it came out on the app store. Anyhow iMessages will use upto 12-14gb of ram until i force close it. Which in turn makes my pc run very sluggish with the beach ball popping up even while doing very simple tasks. Any thoughts on how to remedy this? Or should i just not use iMessages on my pc anymore?
Same problem here, buddy! I have a 2010 iMac with 16 GB. Just came home to see Messages using 13 GB!! Insane!!! This keeps happening.
funnyboy88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store