Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
i know there are three different types of iphone 5, att,verizon, and international, and i also know that verizon's iphone 5 come unlocked but my question is which version is better? i dont care about lte or 4g etc i just want 3g and does cricket iphone 5 use a nano sim? because verizon iphone 5 does, so if i buy an verizon iphone can i use it in cricket? thanks:confused::apple:

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
No you can't. The Verizon iPhone 5 is unlocked for use on gsm networks. CDMA networks like cricket do not allow you to bring unlocked devices to their network. Can't imagine why you would want to use it on Cricket anyway. Get Straight talk or even Tmobile 2G edge data would be better than using it on Cricket.

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
well i have taken other android phones too flash into cricket but the thing is i dont know if the iphone 5 uses a special nano sim from cricket, im getting straight talk but my girlfriend likes cricket and it also works in tijuana with no roaming thats why she likes it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.