Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:00 PM   #1
jdag
macrumors 6502

iCal Contact Birthday Display Order

This is really minor, but somthing I'd like to fix if possible.

I have all of my contacts in the Address Book, synced via iCloud, and available on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone I have all of the settings to display Last Name 1st and Sort by Last Name as I have several thousand entries in my Address Book and find it difficult to both view or sort by First Name.

The "issue" is that for contacts that have the birthday field completed in the Address Book and thus displayed on the Calendar, the iCal entry appears as "Last First's xx Birthday". So for instance, "Doe John's 25th Birthday".

If I change the viewing in the Address Book application to First Last, it does "correct" iCal. But then my Address Book is not in the order I'd prefer.

Is there any way around this?

What's odd is that when viewing the calendar online on icloud.com, the birthday's do in fact appear "properly" with 1st name 1st.
jdag is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

This has annoyed me also and I never have found a way around it.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:29 AM   #3
ScottNWDW
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to ScottNWDW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
This has annoyed me also and I never have found a way around it.
I second that

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store