Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hackills

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
I had been using this 3GS having iOS 5.1.1 untethered for past 2 months without any problem.

A few days back while using iTunes, out of curiosity I clicked "transfer purchases from my iphone", and then unplugged my iphone.

Then I realized that all stock apps (settings, camera, photos, app store etc.) had disappeared from the springboard, and Cydia as well.

I plugged my iphone to computer to check the file system via ifunbox, and I discovered that all the apps in this folder (var/stash/Applications) were not showing up on the springboard, though they are present but hidden on springboard.

Can anyone please help me get those things back on springboard .

Attachments

• itunes.jpg
    itunes.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 183
  • hidden.jpg
    hidden.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 152

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
Have you tried going into settings > general > reset > reset home screen layout.

Don't know if it will work, but I'd probably try it.

Hackills

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Have you tried going into settings > general > reset > reset home screen layout.

Don't know if it will work, but I'd probably try it.

All stock apps are missing, including settings, so unable to do that either.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
:)

Yeah I can, but to no avail, as none of the missing apps show up in search results.

If you download a new app through iTunes on your computer and then try to sync it to your phone, does that app appear on the home screen or is it invisible as well?

Hackills

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
If you download a new app through iTunes on your computer and then try to sync it to your phone, does that app appear on the home screen or is it invisible as well?

That's invisible too, just tested. Attached screenshots.

PS - That app icon which appeared on itunes had disappeared automatically when I plugged my phone later.

Attachments

• itunes sync.jpg
    itunes sync.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 89
  • springboard sync.jpg
    springboard sync.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.