Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:09 PM   #1
ViperDesign
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Utah
purchased movie missing from purchased/cloud

I don't know what happened but a movie I purchased is not showing in the cloud or in my purchased movie.

I downloaded it after I bought it so I know it was there at some point.

Any idea what could be happening?
__________________
iPhone 5s TMobile(White), Macbook Pro Retina Late 2013, 2x AppleTV, 2x Chromecast
ViperDesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:26 PM   #2
JohnLT13
macrumors 6502a
 
JohnLT13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boston (aka Red Sox Nation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperDesign View Post
I don't know what happened but a movie I purchased is not showing in the cloud or in my purchased movie.

I downloaded it after I bought it so I know it was there at some point.

Any idea what could be happening?
this has happened to me a few times. I purchased a movie but did not watch it straight away, only to have it go missing. I rebooted my ATV and then it was there. i think i maybe even disconnected reconnected to internet.
JohnLT13 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:33 PM   #3
ViperDesign
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLT13 View Post
this has happened to me a few times. I purchased a movie but did not watch it straight away, only to have it go missing. I rebooted my ATV and then it was there. i think i maybe even disconnected reconnected to internet.
it is missing from my imac itunes as well though
__________________
iPhone 5s TMobile(White), Macbook Pro Retina Late 2013, 2x AppleTV, 2x Chromecast
ViperDesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:45 PM   #4
Ccrew
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
There's also the little "screw ya" Apple gets you on sometimes.

If you buy it, and subsequently Apple loses distribution rights to the movie it's just "poof" it vanishes and you're out a movie.
Ccrew is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:58 PM   #5
Jkeeley1
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I downloaded Act of Valor via the blu ray code, not available via icloud in my ipad or iPhone. I asked apple and their explanation was that not all movies are available via icloud and must be synced.
Jkeeley1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:01 PM   #6
ViperDesign
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkeeley1 View Post
I downloaded Act of Valor via the blu ray code, not available via icloud in my ipad or iPhone. I asked apple and their explanation was that not all movies are available via icloud and must be synced.
Well that is the thing that is crazy, it was in my icloud when I purchased it. Some how it is missing now.

I have a apple support open to hopefully find out where it went. Very weird
__________________
iPhone 5s TMobile(White), Macbook Pro Retina Late 2013, 2x AppleTV, 2x Chromecast
ViperDesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:10 PM   #7
starkmj
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Always...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperDesign View Post
Well that is the thing that is crazy, it was in my icloud when I purchased it. Some how it is missing now.

I have a apple support open to hopefully find out where it went. Very weird
...download to your hard drive and backup your purchases.

I like my music, movies, TV shows in the cloud for all of the obvious advantages, but I will never count on it always being there.

I do know, however, that it's on my imac's hard drive, and in my Time Capsule backup.
starkmj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:18 PM   #8
ViperDesign
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkmj View Post
...download to your hard drive and backup your purchases.

I like my music, movies, TV shows in the cloud for all of the obvious advantages, but I will never count on it always being there.

I do know, however, that it's on my imac's hard drive, and in my Time Capsule backup.
Okay I got a response back and I don't know it happened but my purchase was hidden.

Went in, clicked the un-hide button and it is now showing. Very weird
__________________
iPhone 5s TMobile(White), Macbook Pro Retina Late 2013, 2x AppleTV, 2x Chromecast
ViperDesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Purchased songs missing peixesloucos Mac Applications and Mac App Store 0 Mar 4, 2014 05:17 PM
New purchased songs from iTunes don't go inside Purchased playlist treycopeland86 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 0 Oct 4, 2013 01:57 PM
Songs purchased from itunes not showing in the cloud... cali shot doc Mac Applications and Mac App Store 1 Jan 4, 2013 08:40 PM
Movie purchased on iPhone not showing up in "purchased" hafr iPhone 0 Jan 2, 2013 03:30 AM
Purchased app not showing as purchased on other iPhone jent iOS 5 and earlier 4 Nov 1, 2012 04:23 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC