Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:41 AM   #1
b3av3r
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to b3av3r Send a message via Yahoo to b3av3r
Had my first Mac for about a week...

And I must say after being a Windows users since the beginning I am really impressed. At first I was unsure of purchasing Apple because I was afraid I would have to spend so much time relearning an OS, but the portability of the macbook air helped me take the plunge.

The transition was very simple. I sat down and went through all of the programs I used on my Windows PC, and realized I had a lot of wasted stuff on there. I then spent a little time browsing google for Mac equivalent programs. I found everything I need, and I'm running OpenOffice for the time being so I haven't spent any money on apps yet.

I was excited about the gestures on the trackpad and surprised at how quickly I began to use them all without even thinking about it. I even attempted to scroll up/down with two fingers on my old Windows laptop before I realized I was wasting my time.

I would say I am comfortable with this OS, and the entire transition and it has only been about 10 days since I first turned it on. I like to think I am a little more computer savvy than the average person, but to any Windows users who are worried about the transition I say do not worry at all. Everything translates quite easily and you should be up and running 100% in a matter of a few days, a week or so at the very most.
b3av3r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:46 AM   #2
nuckinfutz
macrumors 603

Wait until you start noticing the little things like what Services you like to use or other things that make using OS X fun.

I even learned some new stuff from this book

http://60tips.com
nuckinfutz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:59 AM   #3
b3av3r
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to b3av3r Send a message via Yahoo to b3av3r
I still spend some time almost every day looking for new things I don't know about the OS or the computer, which is quite a bit. So I am not done learning but I am surprised I learned everything I needed for useful computing in such a short time.
b3av3r is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air