Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:55 AM   #1
kwanzaa
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 Orange UK Unlock

Hi, was wondering if anyone knows how to unlock an orange uk iphone 5, they dont seem to be of much help and ive been searching online for a factory unlock but they are all saying that it is currently unavailable. i bought an r-sim6 and the reception kept going on and off and also i couldnt use 3g, which makes having an internet phone somewhat useless espescially considering my network (im in Malta) doesnt even have edge so it literally works on gprs i have in the mean time ordered an r-sim7 but have no idea when it will actually arrive, hasnt been sent yet, and also i dont know if it will actually work seeing as the r-sim6 hasnt worked well. sorry if this question has already been answered, but i looked up on mroogle and couldnt find an answer.

it could be im doing something wrong with my r-sim but i managed to activate the phone and it works sometimes, so i must be doing something right.
kwanzaa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:48 AM   #2
Brian Y
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanzaa View Post
Hi, was wondering if anyone knows how to unlock an orange uk iphone 5, they dont seem to be of much help and ive been searching online for a factory unlock but they are all saying that it is currently unavailable. i bought an r-sim6 and the reception kept going on and off and also i couldnt use 3g, which makes having an internet phone somewhat useless espescially considering my network (im in Malta) doesnt even have edge so it literally works on gprs i have in the mean time ordered an r-sim7 but have no idea when it will actually arrive, hasnt been sent yet, and also i dont know if it will actually work seeing as the r-sim6 hasnt worked well. sorry if this question has already been answered, but i looked up on mroogle and couldnt find an answer.

it could be im doing something wrong with my r-sim but i managed to activate the phone and it works sometimes, so i must be doing something right.
There's no way at the moment. Orange will unlock it, but it has to either be either > 3 months into an orange contract with all bills paid, or used with the same orange PAYG account for the last 3 months. They'll charge about 20.
Brian Y is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:44 PM   #3
Mercenary
macrumors 6502

What the guy above said. Orange can unlock it but it takes around 6-8 weeks (28 working days and then you have to chase and nag). They assume everyone unlocks just to leave the network.

If your not on a contract or you obtained your phone by some other means then your out of luck. Only orange can unlock them, currently all the other places which used to offer it are unable to. I'm guessing their inside man got caught.
Mercenary is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Daveoc64
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
What the guy above said. Orange can unlock it but it takes around 6-8 weeks (28 working days and then you have to chase and nag). They assume everyone unlocks just to leave the network.
It shouldn't take that long!!!

It should only take up to 10 days.
Windows 8.1 | iCloud, Dropbox, Spotify Premium
Daveoc64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:15 PM   #5
kwanzaa
macrumors newbie

thanks, i bought it off ebay, i still think its unfair that they are keeping the phone tied when im not even in the country, isnt it illegal keeping a phone locked? (according to EU laws or something of the sort?
kwanzaa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:48 AM   #6
spit03
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanzaa View Post
thanks, i bought it off ebay, i still think its unfair that they are keeping the phone tied when im not even in the country, isnt it illegal keeping a phone locked? (according to EU laws or something of the sort?
Hi,

Have you unlocked your iPhone finally? I am in the same situation - iphone 5 locked to orange UK. I have bought rsim7 but it seems to be not working at all

Regards,
Piotrek
spit03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:42 PM   #7
shackq
macrumors newbie

Unhappy

http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/iphone_unlock.php an offer just occurred today, but that's too much for me...
(2-5 days unlock delivery)
shackq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 04:44 PM   #8
sacazo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit03 View Post
Hi,

Have you unlocked your iPhone finally? I am in the same situation - iphone 5 locked to orange UK. I have bought rsim7 but it seems to be not working at all

Regards,
Piotrek
Any luck yet?
I also have an iphone 5 Orange UK that I bought in Spain.

Thanks
sacazo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone