Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timidhermit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Anyone has any success saving SHSH blob for 6.0.1 on the iPad 4th Gen Cellular version (either CDMA or GSM). I tried TinyUmbrella but it said it is an invalid device. I tried redsn0w but it said no compatible device even when I pointed it to the right firmware.

I know many people that had the iPad 4 non-cellular version without any problem. But the problem seems to be related to the cellular version that has 6.0.1 as stock.

Is this true? Is there a fix?

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
How on earth do you want to save the blobs from your 4th gen ipad if there is no jailbreak for it,newbie ?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
How on earth do you want to save the blobs from your 4th gen ipad if there is no jailbreak for it,newbie ?

The SHSH have nothing to do with jailbreaking.
Myself and millions of others save the hashes for every firmware version for each iDevice. I have saved all the 6.x.x SHSH for my iPhone 5 (and every other iDevice I own) even though there is currently no way to use them on some of my devices.

One never knows if a jailbreak might be forthcoming for 6.0.1 or if a boot level exploit might be found to allow firmware downgrades to non-signed firmware.

The ThreadStarter joined MacRumors a year before you, isn't calling him a newbie a bit harsh ?

timidhermit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Bizarre. So is it the cellular part of the iPad 4 that is tripping up TinyUmbrella or redsn0w to get the SHSH blob? If so, how about iPhone 5 works?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Bizarre. So is it the cellular part of the iPad 4 that is tripping up TinyUmbrella or redsn0w to get the SHSH blob? If so, how about iPhone 5 works?

It does work for iPhone 5
My only guess is since the Wifi only versions of the mini and iPad4 were available first, perhaps Redsn0w needs updated for the sim versions ??

djdsas

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2008
I can confirm that this works for both the
Ipad 4 and the ipad mini. I saved them
With redsn0w. Both were 16 gig
Wifi only versions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.